FrankenHiggins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I present to you FrankenHiggins:
001.JPG

Check out my build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/frankenhiggins-is-frankenfinished.98277/

FrankenHiggins started life as a bare 1950 JC Higgins Jetflow frame. Here are the specs:

Frame: 1950 JC Higgins
Fork: Dyno 1-1/8" triple tree
Stem: K2 Threadless
Bars: Dyno with Dyno grips
Wheels: Heavy duty wheelset courtesy of IndChuckz. Alloy with 12g stainless spokes.
Tires: Bontrager Hanks 26 x 2.2
Crankset: Generic MTB with Schwinn exerciser 65T sprocket
Rear Hub: Shimano CB-110E with 24T cog
Saddle: Messenger
Seat Post: Custom bent 5/8" solid round bar
Fenders: Unknown origin
Chain Guard: Early Monark?
Paint: Semi gloss black on frame. Hunter green on fenders/guard with matte clear.

010.JPG
042.JPG
049.JPG
050.JPG
061.JPG
065.JPG

I love those frames, and your paint job is sweet.

Cool bike definitely built & not bought this one looks like it's got a good top end . Will those salt flats guys a run for the $$$$

Very slick bike! Finding those big sprockets is easy, making them work with the frame and finding a chain guard that looks right is the hard part. Yours look awesome! Really like the color scheme plus I am a huge fan of Hank B's.

Very slick bike! Finding those big sprockets is easy, making them work with the frame and finding a chain guard that looks right is the hard part. Yours look awesome! Really like the color scheme plus I am a huge fan of Hank B's.
Thanks. I wasn't even considering the sprocket until Missing Link suggested it. Good Call, sir. I had been trying to get that guard to fit on my Silver King, but I decided to hold out for something more "correct".
As for the Hanks, I got them from yeshoney. And while on the subject, I got the triple tree forks on a trade from Kingfish254.

Latest posts

Back