Found My Holy Grail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 4 years of hunting I found her, she will ship out this week.So ready to tear her apart and start adding all kinds of NOS parts and new paint to her...I am also looking for a 20" to go with her...

I'm really out of touch with this BMX stuff. My ignorance has probably cost me too. If I saw that bike at Goodwill for $9 I wouldn't buy it. :? Looks like any other WalMart bike to me.

Tell us more about it. What is it and what makes it your Holy Grail? Gary

B607 said:
I'm really out of touch with this BMX stuff. My ignorance has probably cost me too. If I saw that bike at Goodwill for $9 I wouldn't buy it. :? Looks like any other WalMart bike to me.

Tell us more about it. What is it and what makes it your Holy Grail? Gary

I too would like to be educated. :oops:

Ok lesson # 1 ANY BMX bike that has 24" or 26" wheels is good enough to buy if the price is right.
(I sold a Huffy Super Thunder Pro 24" for $250 a while back so don't let names scare you, I paid $40 for this AND 3 other bikes :mrgreen: ) Guys in Texas love them :wink:

To know what's worth money, you need to know the brand names. And if you didn't live that life in the 80's it's hard to explain it all. I DID live in the BMX era and stuff still stumps me once in a while. This is why BMX is one of the last areas people can still find awesome deals.

Oh, and nice find! That is another bike that I know is rare, but I have no idea what it's worth.

I am guessing it is about 1990 era? maybe a year or 2 after? I quit BMX racing in 1984...but it could be late 80's too. I guess it really represents the last of the made in USA era quality hand made stuff. PS,, I am looking for TAHOE BMX stuff.

Wow, a holy-grail indeed.... :shock:

For those wanting to learn a bit about it, is not early 1990's but late 80's (quite possibly 1988)
and it all comes from a guy who ran a BMX team called Red Lobster (raced minis with his kid)
but he basically bought SRP (Stayley racing products) rebranded it and created Phase II
The bikes (IMO) were the best for the day and actually sort of specialized in titanium Mini frames.

What made them good was the tube configuration particularly the bracing one which ran from the
seat tube down to the horizontal brace on the chainstays and one from the seat tube to the downtube to reduce flex in the gate.

hckngrtfakt said:
Wow, a holy-grail indeed.... :shock:

For those wanting to learn a bit about it, is not early 1990's but late 80's (quite possibly 1988)
and it all comes from a guy who ran a BMX team called Red Lobster (raced minis with his kid)
but he basically bought SRP (Stayley racing products) rebranded it and created Phase II
The bikes (IMO) were the best for the day and actually sort of specialized in titanium Mini frames.

What made them good was the tube configuration particularly the bracing one which ran from the
seat tube down to the horizontal brace on the chainstays and one from the seat tube to the downtube to reduce flex in the gate.

^^^ He knows his 80's BMX..When I quit racing in 1988 I had a 20" and 24" Phase11 but they went back to the bike shop sponsor and I never saw them again, Now that I am racing BMX again I wanted to add one of these to my collection.Plus they are just cool bikes

Rick

I grew up in the 80's but rode hutch trickstars and haro masters. I'm not familiar with this one. But I wasn't really into the race bikes.

Latest posts

Back