Found answer, thanks.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Never Mind

Re: Restoring an old Titan. What brand rims are these? HELP!

tin machine said:
that is a cheap gt ripoff and is worthless !!!!!!! :roll:

Geez, I ask for a little help and I get a smart remark. Perhaps I shouldn't come here anymore for questions. That way I won't bother you or anyone else.

I figured this place wouldnt care so much about things like that.

JaxRhapsody said:
I figured this place wouldnt care so much about things like that.

I figured a place with even CHEAPER Wal-Mart bikes in the Fresh Finds section would able to help rebuild this old thing. Guess I was wrong. I thought I would get quite a bit of help here, but the other sites I'm on have been more supportive.

I did have plans for two very cool custom bikes someday, but I won't be posting here if I get to them. I'll stick to the classifieds and off topic area, where I seem to fit in better. All I have to say about the customs is that I'm sitting on a lighted bicycle siren, a vintage green light, a wild Firestone seat, and a few early post-war parts.

Most of our bikes are cheaper imitations of something else. Aren't most modern beach cruisers replicas of prewar cruisers? Not everybody can afford or find a rare bike and rare parts. The important thing is that he is learning how to resurrect an old bike. I think you can tell a poster that sourcing original parts for his ride will not be worth the money without making him feel unwelcome.

partsguy said:
I figured a place with even CHEAPER Wal-Mart bikes in the Fresh Finds section would able to help rebuild this old thing. Guess I was wrong. I thought I would get quite a bit of help here, but the other sites I'm on have been more supportive.

I did have plans for two very cool custom bikes someday, but I won't be posting here if I get to them. I'll stick to the classifieds and off topic area, where I seem to fit in better. All I have to say about the customs is that I'm sitting on a lighted bicycle siren, a vintage green light, a wild Firestone seat, and a few early post-war parts.

Why let one guy smart remark ruin a site for you, this site tends to be more of the cruiser type of bike so you wont find as much help or love for your Titan here. If you choose not to post your builds it is your loss, it is fun getting ideas and input from most of these guys, but its the human experience to have a few bad apples. I have took a look at EVERY build since I joined, I dont chime in on most and if I dont enjoy it or like the style I move on without sayin a word. I look forward to seeing your future builds.

Well, I won't update the thread, but I'll post after pics. This build will continue and your comments only motivate me futrther, don't know why.

Lets be honest; how many of you EVER restored a bike and sold it for more than what you had in it? None of us have. Either wise, restored bikes wouldn't get parted.

You would be lying if you said otherwise.

wheelbender6 said:
........ I think you can tell a poster that sourcing original parts for his ride will not be worth the money without making him feel unwelcome.

Okie dokie then-

I don't want to make you feel unwelcome, but (seriously) sourcing parts for that particular bike is not worth the money.

It shares no lineage with GT, Titan, Shogun, Cinelli, or any other quality bicycle maker who has used that frame design. As Tin Machine so succinctly put it, it was indeed just a low priced attempt to mimic the design of a better known, more expensive, contemporary bicyle. This was (and still is) a popular gimmick. I think the worst offender ever has to be this Roadmaster attempted knockoff of a Tom Ritchey logo (!).

DSC01598.jpg

Latest posts

Back