For my girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I have so far for my girl I've had this Hollywood frame for years and finally got it to where you can call it a bike I'm not done with it yet I need to find a set of the original forks for it the ones on it make it sit low so I had to run a shorter crank which makes it kind of awkward to ride
e04b3a9d7bd5da92f05a039155ea467c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does look a little bent but I think it's the angle of the photograph? Bikes usually bend the other way when they hit something? It makes one wonder though what happened to the original fork? I had a similar Schwinn bike and if I remember the top down tube pinched in a little toward the bottom tube as a part of the design. If you look on eBay I bet you can find a girls Schwinn fork with the right length steerer and in the right color.

Actually I just looked at some pics on Google you guys might be right the top tube and bottom tube seam to be a lot closer together than other examples I've seen

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I rebuilt a women's bike, an Emory and noticed the handlebars closer to the seat that usual. The frame was bent, a drawback of that frame style, that's why a top bar gives so much strength. It wasn't noticeable until I tried to ride it. The head tube angle is then more laid back, as your frame is. Either someone ran into something (forks are gone from being bent too?) or a very large person rode it. You could bend it back, but it will lose some strength that way. IMO, that frame isn't usable even though that Schwinn purple looks great.

You have nothing to loose. Put a pipe or pry bar in the head tube which is hanging over a bench, clamp it to a bench mounted to a wall and pull it apart. Or, have someone stand on the back and reef on it with a big pry bar or pipe. Steel has a memory and it probably will go back. If you weld you could put a piece of tubing between the closest part of the bends once it has gotten straight.. Too bad you are so far away, I have a new never ridden China Schwinn mens frame and fork I would give you. All the parts you have except the seat and post would probably fit. I would give you that to. Shipping would probably be more than you could get another frame locally. This frame will probably be given away locally or end out in my scrap trailer. If it's something that might interest you let me know and I can post a picture. Not cool like an old frame as the tubing has a wider diameter.

If you weld, you could bend it back and add a top tube. Might look nice if it flowed from the seat stays. That's a great color, if you do end up doing something like that, I hope you can match it.

I've only seen a few bent women's frames. If the down tubes are straight with no curves, the seat tube usually has the bend at the junction of the upper down tube. I think they can be straightened and braced to be strong enough afterward, but the frames are fairly easy to find, so a replacement is probably cost effective. On CL, I see many women's cruisers for around 30-50 bucks. Most of them look as if they were ridden a few times, then just set aside in the garage. Here's a couple examples, a 10 speed Varsity (they think it is a 3 speed Breeze) that may just need a set of tires, but the frame is nearly the same as yours. And a Columbia.

https://nh.craigslist.org/bik/5598151159.html

https://nh.craigslist.org/bik/5621076118.html

Last edited:
Dang boys always tore up everything they got a hold of!

That's why it's unusual to find an old boy's bike with good paint and parts. Look at your rear fender, no dings and even has the reflector, and the chain guard doesn't have that gouge from the cranks being loose.

Latest posts

Back