Flobar 1937 (Wingbar/Flocycle)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts list:

So I started off with a half of a Wingbar carcass, meshed it together with my rendering of a flocycle back half! Hence the name Flobar! Some deep polishing brought out it's former luster!

Crank assembly is from a flocycle, the "pie-crust" type and was crusty and beat up, so I had no problem doing some paint work to them! Center paisley monarch crank and arms went silver, and the ring red yo accent!

Fenders were off of @Pookie42 wingbar and were not correct but fit the build perfect! Those were painted red as well to match!

Grips were the starting point for color choice of the rest of the parts. And fit the flow of the 30's bike!

The bars!!! The bars were from a Shelby arrow ( repop of coarse ) the swoopyness seemed to flow well with the frame and rear section I made!

Speedo stem housing: was a raw rough recast which I had to grind, sand and file, cut slots and drill holes. Followed by more sanding and polishing to make it shine!!!

Speedo: Stewart Warner "clipper"

Seat: vintage Troxel in very good condition and is comfortable as heck!!

Rear rack: another silverking recast which needed alot of attention grinding, sanding etc...

Wheels: 26" Shimano's and they roll smooth!

Wheel covers: Mooneyes

Tires: 26x2 Thickslicks

Stand: stock wingbar butterfly kickstand

Pedals: teardrop pedals pulled apart and cleaned up, exterior was painted to match

Last edited:
Great summer for you bud.
You helped take your boys team to States AND you still had time to finish this amazing bike!!
It really pops against that dark sky!
CONGRATULATIONS!

The bars and frame are perfect together.

I cannot imagine ANYONE not liking ANYTHING about this build. If anyone ever tries to tell you that you should have done something different, you should kick them out of your garage and out our your life. Congrats on a killer bicycle!

I cannot imagine ANYONE not liking ANYTHING about this build. If anyone ever tries to tell you that you should have done something different, you should kick them out of your garage and out our your life. Congrats on a killer bicycle!

Haha! I like your style bud!!
I've had nothing but good comments about it!!!
Thank you guys!!!

So much style to this bike!!! I love those Wingbar frames and you took this Wingbar/Flocycle to the next level! Incredible build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back