"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty-Parts car is a winner

In my worthless opinion...

A push bar only looks cool on the General and Police Cars

TheFlyingDingo said:
deorman said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
Too many letters.

I thought about reinforcing the frame(or lack) just for extra rigidity...What would I use to do that?

I wouldn't do that to an otherwise stock shell type car. You'll just be transferring greater shock loads to the suspension components and their mounting points, and possibly other unreinforced areas of the body. :|
Thanks!

I honestly dont know, I wasnt going to go do jumping, Just thought it might have been a good idea, because there basically is no frame on these things.

I think these cars might be unibody vehicles anyway. They have no frame.

Mopars have been Uni Body since the '50's except for the big Chrysler Imperial types.

They dont allow them in demolition derbys...(too strong)

Im relying on my "swiss cheese" brain memory here now...

I think Hudson was the first with a Uni-Body design in the early '50's...or was it Rambler or Nash?

Anyway they merged somehow.

And Packard got into the mix too.

A.M.C.+All Makes Combined (heh)

Then Chrysler bought AMC ONLY for the Jeep.(and that was Willys from WWII) Ford also built them and they both ripped off of a Bantam design for it.

MagicRat said:
Im relying on my "swiss cheese" brain memory here now...

I think Hudson was the first with a Uni-Body design in the early '50's...or was it Rambler or Nash?

Anyway they merged somehow.

And Packard got into the mix too.

A.M.C.+All Makes Combined (heh)

Then Chrysler bought AMC ONLY for the Jeep.(and that was Willys from WWII) Ford also built them and they both ripped off of a Bantam design for it.

Chrysler buying AMc was a very good deal, but the Eagle division they created for AMC after Lee left....hehe...no comment. They were short lived.

I know I have seen some 80s/90s Chryslers in demo derbies. Heck, the junkyard I go to recently got in a K-car that was demo derbied and it still held up well (poor thing). I also saw a 90s Stratus on youtube that was derbied and the sucker was still running! Maybe the rules are different for other areas?

Oh, I think Tucker threw ina bid for the Jeep thing in WWII. But the military passed because they were too expensive and the quantities needed could not be produced.

Bantam designed the Jeep, but they were a small company and could never supply the GOV. with as many as we needed for WWII

Willys and Ford horked it.

Eagle...what a shamefull piece of crap that was.

Didnt they get that other piece of sh*t brand Renult too?

Chrysler had Lamborghini too back in the day.

Chrysler had to buy every bad investment that AMC ever made just to get the JEEP.

Yes, but by the mid 90s, circa 94/95 I believe AMC and Eagle were both tossed to the corporate car crusher and rightfully so. At least Chrsyler didn't keep pumping cash into Eagle, they took a hint, bye-bye!

But hey, Jeep as always been strong for Chrysler, thats why I say it was a good buy for the long run. I mean, look how many of those things sell. The roads are flooded with them!

For a minute I thought you guys were talking about these:
amc_eagle_wagons_1987.jpg

But we're talking about these:
eagle-talon.jpg

...Right?

I've got some pictures to share with you guys ASAP!

I also ran into some guy at a garage sale, And he explained to me how they dont make dynastys anymore, and I have myself a collectors car. :mrgreen:

magicrat is correct about the bantam, it was built not far from here. i agree buying jeep was good for chrysler, but in my opinion, not so much for jeep. look at some of the crap that gets badged as a jeep these days.

Heres some nifty pictures:

This is from the Belvidere Plant in Illinois.
g2e22e2000000000000e1782a1e5f25f8db8b09818208e773f672ee8437.jpg

g2e22e20000000000008a735e917fba79fe387dfea8bc1d2499cce6b40a.jpg

g2e22e2000000000000770382e57865616d09619b73bbcf96fa99e3f78e.jpg

g2e22e200000000000088be3c45eb03566dfdd0b81b66df8f6b793df763.jpg

As it is today.

I guess they made Dynastys and New Yorkers from 1987-1993. 1993 they retooled the plant for neons. Right now they make jeep stuff.

"We'll show the crappers of the world, Christine"

I'll bet ya that the UAW raised heck over that hood incident! :lol:

"Look how cockeyed he works Pepper,he got brand new wiper blades...for a busted windsheild"

There are ton of classic quotes from Christine

MagicRat said:
"Look how cockeyed he works Pepper,he got brand new wiper blades...for a busted windsheild"

There are ton of classic quotes from Christine

"the kid's real good with his hands, but has got bad taste in car. Goes to show, ya can't polish a turd!"

Did a "Photo Shoot" on my car. Didnt upload pictures just yet.

But, Saw this today. WOW. Clean.
5e8c9b2d.jpg

590fdba2.jpg

$5500...HAH. It had two of the double whites. if ANYONE sees these, TELL ME
c49c02f0.jpg

I would LOVE a full set for my car.
I've got one, so its a start!

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.

TheFlyingDingo said:
a6784a88.jpg

This is terrible.

My dad broke my odometer, The oil pressure sending unit isnt working, the speedometer is out of calibration, Im in park and doing 40...

there is a small gear in the dash or rear end that spins and somehow reads the speed and u prob need a new one.
i think the gear would be white :idea:

There is a junkyard I go to with quite a few Dynasty parts cars. One is a pretty red one. If you can't fix the cluster, then parts cars are readily available.

Latest posts

Back