fixie dust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep totally need to put the bb up more but i cant wait to bomb some hills with this one
IMG_20120908_225726.jpg

I built one once and stuck some 26 x 1.75's on it and man it was fast. This one looks good and with those
little skinny tires I bet its going to be a rocket. Nice work.

Uncle Stretch said:
Thats nice to hear. Glad I impressed someone enough to build their own frames. I try to get away
from bikes ,but its the only thing that keeps my attention. They are cheap and you can really
express you creativity. Right now I have one banging around in my head. Several builders have
done this style and I have to do one too. I have enough tubing to do one more. Here is the idea
I'm going to borrow. Its supposedly someone in Germany.
jen2vt3m.jpg

I never saw this until after I built the science bike, but man, my design and this one have more than a few similarities.

i got to ride it last night,it rides good i can even stand up on the cranks and pedal, definitely the fastest bike i have built so far
IMG_20120911_185646.jpg

it steers nice and smooth to ,my toes dont hit the tire when i turn and it wont scrap when i go down curbs,did i mention its fast
IMG_20120911_220229.jpg

dash said:
ya its hard to see whats going on with someones build when your not building it ,but i do appreciate all comments and ideas! i too have scrapped my fair share of frames and it really makes me mad thats why i think its smart to tack the whole frame then weld it when your done, at least when you can
I personally like all the criticism . How am I to grow if I don't get feed back, I can't think of everything.
I wish I knew about this place when I started. Then I could have been criticize and learned faster.
I am super excited about this build. I can see where this is going and I like it a lot.
Very original idea you have coming together.

I'm more of a fat tire person, but can appreciate all bicycles. Skinny tires and all.LOL! :lol:
Keep it up my friend, you have skills.
Blue 8)

poverty with a view said:
dash said:
ya its hard to see whats going on with someones build when your not building it ,but i do appreciate all comments and ideas! i too have scrapped my fair share of frames and it really makes me mad thats why i think its smart to tack the whole frame then weld it when your done, at least when you can
I personally like all the criticism . How am I to grow if I don't get feed back, I can't think of everything.
I wish I knew about this place when I started. Then I could have been criticize and learned faster.
I am super excited about this build. I can see where this is going and I like it a lot.

I'm more of a fat tire person, but can appreciate all bicycles. Skinny tires and all.LOL! :lol:
Blue 8)

thanks for the comments and i completely agree with you. i also love the fatties but i wanted something different, i have a nice se single speed and love how fast it is but it kills my knees thats why i built this bike. with the pedals forward its not so bad and i think it looks better than a fixie/ss. i came across this build by ratina today a 64 spaceliner frame with 700c deep v wheels it looks so good
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61348&start=30&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

dash said:
poverty with a view said:
dash said:

Blue 8)

thanks for the comments and i completely agree with you. i also love the fatties but i wanted something different, i have a nice se single speed and love how fast it is but it kills my knees thats why i built this bike. with the pedals forward its not so bad and i think it looks better than a fixie/ss. i came across this build by ratina today a 64 spaceliner frame with 700c deep v wheels it looks so good
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61348&start=30&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

When ever I build a pedal forward Bicycle I put gears on it. I use Nexus 3 speed hubs. They go for about 75$ on ebay then another 30$ for spokes. It makes the ride alot easier when the BB is out in front. I couldn't ride most of my Bicycles if I didn't. LOL!!

That Spaceliner is SICK!!

Junkyrustybikes has a 3 speed flipflop hub I want. That would be rad with some rims like that space liner has but my funds are spent on this build I'm going on vacation to san deago for the tour de fat then I'm going to the tour in my state,az in tempe it has to be the funnest bike event ever! Its like a bicycle guys xmas

dash said:
Junkyrustybikes has a 3 speed flipflop hub I want. That would be rad with some rims like that space liner has but my funds are spent on this build I'm going on vacation to san deago for the tour de fat then I'm going to the tour in my state,az in tempe it has to be the funnest bike event ever! Its like a bicycle guys xmas
I'm headed down to San Francisco on the 22nd to do the Tour De fat

Dash,

This build is really freaking beautiful and original, right down to the skinny tires. Excellent job.

I believe you when you say it FAASST!

2dawgs said:
Dash,

This build is really freaking beautiful and original, right down to the skinny tires. Excellent job.

I believe you when you say it FAASST!
Wow man thanks a lot that coment means a lot !

im going to have people i meet @ the tour de fat sing this frame with sharpies then hang it on the wall and build another and change things around a bit thanks for watching
IMG_20120920_074611_zpsf2d60a2a.jpg

Latest posts

Back