First day at my new job

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well guys I got a second job, Kinda a dream job for guys like us. I took a load of scrap into Newlon Metals and the owner asked if I was still interested in the job I have asked about for the last 10+ years. I filled out an application and got an instant interview and he hired me on the spot. I changed my availability at Rural King to nights and weekends so now I am a filter of junk... I already found some goodies, two dog dish hub caps that look to be early 60's Dodge and one that says FALCON in the middle. The sheer they have me running is awesome! It slices 1/2 inch thick I beam like bread. Admittedly I am tired and worn out but it feels good to finally have a job that I love. Bring on the junk!!!!

Well due to being sick and the job really aggravating my prior injuries I had to respectfully resign my job at Newlon metals. I gave it a shot but the constant bending down to pick up sheered bits of aluminum and such was aggravating my previous knee and leg injuries (age 7 I got bit by a pitt bull / rottweiler mix, age 15 I was in a car accident and rammed my tibia through my knee, and age 18 shot a nail gun through my foot between the big toe and foot chipping both bones and effecting my balance a bit) I try to hide it as I am NOT disabled and would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

To bad you had to step away the job, I've been trying to get hired at the scrap yard near my house. I really like not having to drive to work.

I have an interview in the morning for a new job, hopefully they let me start after my wife and I take our trip.

Well due to being sick and the job really aggravating my prior injuries I had to respectfully resign my job at Newlon metals. I gave it a shot but the constant bending down to pick up sheered bits of aluminum and such was aggravating my previous knee and leg injuries (age 7 I got bit by a pitt bull / rottweiler mix, age 15 I was in a car accident and rammed my tibia through my knee, and age 18 shot a nail gun through my foot between the big toe and foot chipping both bones and effecting my balance a bit) I try to hide it as I am NOT disabled and would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
I here ya, my knee has been bothering me lately, was pulling weeds yesterday and all of a sudden - ow! Hope you get better soon!

To bad you had to step away the job, I've been trying to get hired at the scrap yard near my house. I really like not having to drive to work.

I have an interview in the morning for a new job, hopefully they let me start after my wife and I take our trip.
good luck

Latest posts

Back