Firewing - 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe - (2nd Place) Mr September 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firewing - 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe - THANKS!!!

LukeTheJoker said:
Your bike deserved it KingFish, awesome details and flow...

Luke.

Thanks Luke. I was pushed by the competition for sure.

Re: Firewing - 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe - (2nd Place) THANKS!

Steve, Thanks for the recognition on the RRB Facebook page with the "RRB Bike of the Day" honor for Firewing. That's pretty darn cool!
EDIT: Or as one person from Germany posted on a share of the RRBBOTD - "Supergeil!" - Super Cool :)

IMG_2626_zps8f960133.jpg

Congrats on 2nd Place "KINGFISH" !!! Nice Job Partner, Bike looks SUPER !!! Wish it was me, hahah....
Serious though, You are made for this site !!! Your Kind words & inspirations for others is great for
the site :lol: Would be Great to meet ya & do some serious biking 8) !!!

NICE WORK & KEEP ROLLIN' !!!!

OlDsKoOl - 4-EvEr !!!

OldSkool said:
Congrats on 2nd Place "KINGFISH" !!! Nice Job Partner, Bike looks SUPER !!! Wish it was me, hahah....
Serious though, You are made for this site !!! Your Kind words & inspirations for others is great for
the site :lol: Would be Great to meet ya & do some serious biking 8) !!!

NICE WORK & KEEP ROLLIN' !!!!

OlDsKoOl - 4-EvEr !!!

Thanks a ton buddy! It was great having you join the fun this year! Roll on down Savannah way and we'll hit the streets!
I get a lot out of this site in return. I just try to pay it back and pay it forward! I appreciate the compliments!

Received my 2nd Place Prizes from Steve today. Thanks Mr Rat Rod!!!
Cool Cruisers book along with a Forum Name Plate, and some Stickers!
Very cool package to open up!
IMG_2709_zpsc8866ae2.jpg

Neat to get a "new forum" "LIKE" alert on an old thread.

this ride inspired me in a lot of ways, back then i always turn down the idea of a nana seat on a cruiser, but thanks to this ultra cool bike things are now different on me.

this ride inspired me in a lot of ways, back then i always turn down the idea of a nana seat on a cruiser, but thanks to this ultra cool bike things are now different on me.

Thanks very much!
We ALL feed off of each other's work here at RRB.
MO NANNA MO BETTA!

Got my RRB Calendar today. Mr. September Rocks!

index.php

Some final shots of Firewing a couple of weeks ago.
Time to box her up for her new home.
WP_20140308_14_20_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20140308_14_28_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20140308_15_57_42_Pro.jpg

Time to say goodnight to Firewing. She is on her way to Tony now.
IMG_2485_zps31ccbcbc.jpg

Really great bike and love the pictures! I recognize a lot of the places in Savannah from when I vacationed down there awhile back. Beautiful place.

Really great bike and love the pictures! I recognize a lot of the places in Savannah from when I vacationed down there awhile back. Beautiful place.

Thanks Jane! I love showing off my city. If you or any other RRBers are ever in the area we'll hit the streets!

Thanks OldSkool!!! Someone has to keep it fun around here. No reason to get uptight about children's bicycles being built by grown men and women. Don't get me wrong, I take my builds seriously, but in they end, if it ain't fun it ain't worth it.

Firewing is rolling on the West Coast now.
It now has a new owner in the Bay Area.

fwwest.jpg

Firewing was at Shiny Side Up in San Jose this year. The new owner took it there. She didn't get to enter it, but her custom from karfer took Best Vintage 2nd Place.

Thanks to @blwnmny for these pics he took at the show.

29782_ba615a3a5966774b584bfcc53f286461.jpeg
29783_885177fa566ab614f446abcc6937af74.jpeg

Anytime KF, my pleasure buddy! That was a nice show, I didn't take a bike, it was sort of a kast minute thing, but what a really nice show. Next year I'll be better planned, I felt like a duck out of water without one of my old cruisers. LOL! Well organized!

Firewing is for sale out in California now.

Latest posts

Back