Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star 8/3 COMPLETE DONE PHOTOS+VIDEO!

Love it - very creative and definitely ratty. Great job as always, kingfish!

That tail light and door knob shifter are perfect rat rod accents! Dig the #8 valve caps also. Nice touch. The bike turned out great!

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star 8/4 FINISHED MO PHOTOS+ 2 VIDEOS

I added a Walkaround video of the bike last night too.
WALK AROUND VIDEO :arrow: http://youtu.be/GGIbJxAETtY

old_skool said:
Love it - very creative and definitely ratty. Great job as always, kingfish!

Thanks oldskool, I worked hard at it and have had fun riding it around.

Turtlesixfour said:
That tail light and door knob shifter are perfect rat rod accents! Dig the #8 valve caps also. Nice touch. The bike turned out great!

Thanks turtle64. That 48 Chrysler taillight just fit so well and it was really fun to put together.

Kingfish, I have to concur with, well, everyone. That bike came out awesome. It all just fits together. Its great, too, that you've got such a variety of backdrops to shoot photos against. I wish my town had half the range of choices...

expjawa said:
Kingfish, I have to concur with, well, everyone. That bike came out awesome. It all just fits together. Its great, too, that you've got such a variety of backdrops to shoot photos against. I wish my town had half the range of choices...

Thanks very much my fellow Columbia Built Not Bought buddy!
You can probably even pick out a few of the photo spots in my ride video. I am very proud and blessed to live in Savannah. There is a reason our little town of 300K people gets 13 Million tourists a year.

I have been fortunate to watch your builds over the last couple of years, your bikes have always been spirited and off the hook. This year your dedication and handywork are really shining through... I will admit there was at least one time that I wanted to ask you to "kindly step away from the bicycle" but no need, you pulled it together and made a fantastic bicycle, a true piece of art. Your a top contender this year brother, congratulations!

tvc15 said:
I have been fortunate to watch your builds over the last couple of years, your bikes have always been spirited and off the hook. This year your dedication and handywork are really shining through... I will admit there was at least one time that I wanted to ask you to "kindly step away from the bicycle" but no need, you pulled it together and made a fantastic bicycle, a true piece of art. Your a top contender this year brother, congratulations!

I really appreciate your assessment of my build(s) buddy! I can almost guess the timeframe in my Firewing build that you are thinking about. From the start I had these flame and wing graphics designs in my head, but when I got to that point in the build, they sorta worked on masking tape, but after I decided to paint a few pieces, they just didn't work at all. Really, it was the 3-D beauty of these Columbia wing tanks that changed it for me. Once I had the creme wing painted on that, the whole bike changed. To me these are some of the sexiest tanks out there. Jumbling it up with feathers and flames would have been a travesty. I know from criticism in the past that you can overdue a good thing by continuing to throw stuff on, and I will continue to have the nerve to try almost anything on a build, but one thing that I have learned through my builds on RRB is to also be willing to step back, look it over, and yank something if it doesn't work.

I love Firewing and also think my build has the potential to be a contender. But I also know that the caliber of builds in this build off are off the chart. I'll be more than happy wherever I land amongst this incredible pile of steel and sweat!!!

Thanks BigOrangeCat! :mrgreen:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75670&start=165#p736982

BO8B.jpg

Well Kingfish looks like my bike RaTornado will be getting another part just like your bike, already got your handlebars now I'm getting a torpedo light for the front. Trying not to copy your bike but good deals are hard to pass up. :lol:

Now where did I put that nanner seat... :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Well Kingfish looks like my bike RaTornado will be getting another part just like your bike, already got your handlebars now I'm getting a torpedo light for the front. Trying not to copy your bike but good deals are hard to pass up. :lol:

I saw that! Those are cool light! You'll need to change your name to RatWingNado! :p

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star 8/4 FINISHED - 8/9 KlunkerAction

I joked about taking some Klunker Action shots with Firewing, well here you go.
We have no hills in downtown Savannah, but I remembered one of the lanes that was dirt and gravel.

PRESENTING FIREWING - THE URBAN KLUNKER!!!! :p

URBAN KLUNKER ACTION VIDEO : :arrow:http://youtu.be/MBjYDwifFLI

FWK1-Copy_zpsb48739eb.jpg

FWK2-Copy_zps471887a2.jpg

FWK3-Copy_zps98525fef.jpg

FWK4-Copy_zps5702b45d.jpg

FWK5-Copy_zpsbbb929b5.jpg

FWK6-Copy_zps4ccfba15.jpg

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I saw that! Those are cool light! You'll need to change your name to RatWingNado! :p

Yeah but then I'd have to add wings to Rat Fink and he ain't no angel.

Re: Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd Place) THANKS

Thanks once again to anyone that placed a vote for Firewing! Still hard to believe I reached that far with so many amazing builds this year!
Bigger thanks goes out to all that participated in Build Off 8!!! It was tough, but I think I managed to follow just about every build. These build threads are chocked full of amazing ideas, how to's, and creativity. It's really cool how much we learn from each other during these. Thanks for sharing and building with me guys and gals! You pushed me to make a better bike than I ever thought I could.

great build King Fish!!!!!!! and love the urban clunker slide!!!!!!!

Troy

jats said:
great build King Fish!!!!!!! and love the urban clunker slide!!!!!!! Troy

Thanks Troy. I was inspired by your slides with Wilfred!

RatSphinx said:
Willy Dixon's music is a perfect match fo FireWing. 8)

RP, after I watched my slide video and saw how slow I was going, that song popped in my head right away.

Lowlife Lucas said:
Congrats!

Thanks Lucas!

Latest posts

Back