Firewater Flyer

Jul 16, 2009
Derby, Kansas
Been going back and forth deciding wether to enter or not but here it goes. We recently had a house fire that destroyed the house and all my show bikes. But coming back strong with this dayton (one of the first bikes I built) as the first rebuild. Plans are to leave the finish but do a Matt clear over it, and do a whole moonshine runner vibe around it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 14, 2013
Boise, ID
Oh man sorry about your house, and bikes :arghh:. But welcome to the build off, breath some life back in to that beauty :happy:.

Jan 2, 2012
Mykonos,GREECE
Wow horrible story. hope you and the family are okay.
Loving the whole moonshine theme. From the lightning badge and patina made easy from the fire. has already that vibe.

Jul 21, 2015
Good luck with the recovery, horrible story.

One positive note....love the McCaulley chain guard. I've had one of those in my stockpile of parts for years and I just never find the right build for it. One of the coolest parts I own.

Best of luck in the build off!

Reactions: LukeTheJoker
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
So sorry to hear about your house fire. I too hope that your family are safe and sound. May this build be a small part of the recovery process for you in the loss you have experienced, bike wise at least.

Reactions: LukeTheJoker

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
Turning lemons into lemonade (or in this case, white lightning). Good on you! :41:

One suggestion if I may... I think you might be happier with rubbing boiled linseed oil on it instead of clear paint. Just make sure to properly dispose of the rags, you certainly don't need any more fires! Good luck.

Mar 5, 2014
Utah
It was pretty before the fire, and will be again after you resurrect it. I too, survived a house fire in 87, but didn't lose much. I know the feeling: a devastating experience never to forget. :shake: What a great way to deal with the loss by moving forward with positive energy on the burned-out bike. Looking forward to it!

Apr 14, 2015
Sorry to hear you've had a bad fire & lost everything. At lest you sill have your life . I like the name fits well for what you've been through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2015
Denver, CO
Im seeing the Vans waffle print on everything these days! Love the tires!

keep the rubber side down!

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I have over 30 guitars here and I couldn't imagine the feeling of losing any of them in a fire. Your therapy starts here with the rebuilding of this awesome Dayton. I like the direction you're headed.

Carl.

Reactions: KOTA
Jul 16, 2009
Derby, Kansas
Slowly moving along gathered up some new parts from local bike shop(going to do some sort of flame treatment to crank and chainring). Was trying to figure out a seat and pedals when I remembered my Torringtons and hot wheels seat survived so thinking they'll be a nice addition. After walking around local Lowe's to find boiled linseed oil I stumbled across this red stained glass spray paint to try. After spraying a test section decided it's a keeper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Brilliant idea with the stained glass tinted clear.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles