Firestone Tiger Fighter Pilot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Started it as a Veterans day build but a lot of things got in the way, so just now getting it finished. Not very Holiday but oh well. This is a franken' bike that just fell together from a few parts I had and the rest from friends. I picked up the Tiger fighter painted tank a while back at a swapmeet. I had it on another brown Huffman bike but the guy that bought it only wanted the frame and wheels, so I kept the tank, fenders, and chain guard in the parts pile until I found this original paint brown & tan frame, fork, fenders, and rack from a friend. I knew it would make a good home for the Tiger tank even though the brown's are slightly off. I had the tan seat that matched, and another friend had the grips. All was falling together until it came to the wheels. I tried several, some chrome, some newer black but nothing worked. then I remembered this nice set of drop center rims on a girls parts bike in the back of the barn. They worked well with the brown retro ride tires and are era & patina correct. Lastly, I had to faux paint the delta torpedo, and the previously faux painted chain guard was a pretty good match.

Latest posts

Back