Fire bikes...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Well I got an unusual score today (Yes I am still alive, just tired, broke, and depressed :D ) I do fire and water damage restoration in homes and today scored two 1 year old kids Townie Electra's. 1 is a black single speed, the other is a maroon Townie 7. Work has commenced on the 7 the better of the two. Striped all the burnt parts off, gave it a serious bath and dropped it off at the bike shop so they could determine what to order for it. The single speed will need more help. Need to assess whether the frame was weakened as it got scorched and is aluminum. The fire (heat line) actually burnt through the handle bars. All non metal above the top tube was melted. Two tires were melted as well.

I'll try for pics soon.

Aaron

The thermometer on the bank hit 63 today Chris!! Still a few big snowbanks in the parking lots and some hidden in the woods but it's melting fast. As to how I am? Well health wise I'm good. Financially I'm in poor shape. Had to take a second job on, still not making it. My own fault. This too shall pass.

Aaron

ACD said:
The thermometer on the bank hit 63 today Chris!! Still a few big snowbanks in the parking lots and some hidden in the woods but it's melting fast. As to how I am? Well health wise I'm good. Financially I'm in poor shape. Had to take a second job on, still not making it. My own fault. This too shall pass.

Aaron
I hear you big time!, my industry photojournalism so bad right now, I'm back in school -welding and am the oldest student in class, after so many hours of welding over head I'm feeling not so young, books are a lot of money, with very few jobs coming in. and now I'm in hurry up mode and have been accepted to another college for refinery operations tech.. so its welding 7: 45 am in the morning till 1pm-lunch break- refinery class 4pm til 10 pm starting monday. but still no part time job. but i still picture an old sargent of mine "WHAT you expected the BOYSCOUTS!"
but iff I stick it out,.... [like you stated]"This too shall pass", hang in there boss :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, it is no ones fault but my own. I don't know what to do at this point. Wife is pushing for the B word. Kinda scared and feeling like a failure right now. Good things bikes are free often enough.

Aaron

Don't let it all bum your days, you do what you can do and try to toss some enjoyment in there. Keep your head up and welcome back!

Latest posts

Back