FINK 49

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go.
giphy.gif

Ching ching.

Good to see you in G! Yeah, the play money always helps. I made enough for my build (hopefully, if I stay on course) this week with two bike tune-ups, a tubeless tire conversion, repair and set up of a dulcimer, and a violin repair. Nice to have hobbies that support my habit, er, hobby. :bigsmile:

Well I really wanted to try my hand at building a frame from scratch. But I don't think I will have the time & money to dedicate to it and be able to build it as I would like. Just by chance in the past couple weeks I scored two bikes . I thought I could combine them and build something cool similar to the bike I wanted to build. My past couple builds were vintage rats which I love. I also like the 60s-70s hot rod stile. Like Big Daddy Ed Roth , George Barris , Sugar Bear , Indiana Larry & Jessie James hot rods & Harleys .I wanted a slightly stretch & chopped bike . A modern day muscle bike not a 20" bike .
I will combine a 24" rear wheel & a 29" front wheel crating a 49er .
This is the start for the VAGABOND 49, now changed to FINK 49...
A open road cruiser with a 3 speed .
f831ec020404310e40d21495d7a0f70c.jpg
978dfc8aa43a6206cb11b1ab73ab2f28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
'It's a miner, 49er, and his bike build, Vagabond'

So I woke this morning with this sick riff in my head . I believe I had vision last night . I'm sure you've herd of the James Gang & Joe Walsh . They were a 70s band did a song called Funk 49 .
How fitting to my bike I thought.
So I will change the name of this build one more time before we get to deep into this build off.
This will now be called .....
FINK 49

Vagabond 53 ?

Merle.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

WINNER! I love Electras!

Awesome start will stay tuned in. And rad music :rockout:

Spent some time messaging around tonight just had to get the 3G fork on this FINK .
c30bffb7cd0c9a162c483f01544976d2.jpg
5b9364bd9811451780f99f121a0b7f70.jpg
282b962cd9f969c20677109e38f8ba17.jpg

I had to add some temporary spacers to the head tube part of the fork to make it rideable.
0d7a7ec094d6a61f237b08da2e47e8d7.jpg

It's rides great !!! I love the feel of this bike all ready shes fun and fast ...

Looks killer, but is there any way to shorten all three, steerer and both legs to get the upper crown lower and not have to space it up so high? I am unfamiliar with that fork and its construction, but think it would make the whole assembly much cleaner! Like the direction so far!

keep the rubber side down!

Looks killer, but is there any way to shorten all three, steerer and both legs to get the upper crown lower and not have to space it up so high? I am unfamiliar with that fork and its construction, but think it would make the whole assembly much cleaner! Like the direction so far!

keep the rubber side down!

Yes I will be cutting about 1 1/4 off the top of the fork legs . It will drop down to the top of the head tube and fit perfectly.

Latest posts

Back