FINK 49

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've been busy!
When I saw the parts for blasting I was trying to figure out how you were gonna use the valve covers and oil pan on your build :)

That wheel is insane!!!! I am very jealous! I like the grifter tire the best. Big Apples are awesome tires, but one thing I don't like is the reflective stripe.

You've been busy!
When I saw the parts for blasting I was trying to figure out how you were gonna use the valve covers and oil pan on your build :)

That wheel is insane!!!! I am very jealous! I like the grifter tire the best. Big Apples are awesome tires, but one thing I don't like is the reflective stripe.

Thanks for the heads up on the big apple. Yes been busy goofing off all weekends [emoji16]. The valve covers are not mine . Must have been for an other guy with a bad habit LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've been busy!

Yep...Grifters ftw!

Hey G, I'm sure you have been busy this past week, just checking in to see the progress report on this Fink 49.

I'm old so forgive me, but you know there is a song called Funk 49 right? I'm pretty sure you prob based your name somewhat on that, along with your tire sizes....anyway, thought I would post the tune here.

Maybe it will Get you To Buildin' as our friend @Jake Sensi would say!

Hey G, I'm sure you have been busy this past week, just checking in to see the progress report on this Fink 49.

I'm old so forgive me, but you know there is a song called Funk 49 right? I'm pretty sure you prob based your name somewhat on that, along with your tire sizes....anyway, thought I would post the tune here.

You guessed it ! The fink the funk 24+29+ James Gang = Fink 49 brother . If you look at my thread from the beginning i explained my madness to the name . [emoji1365]

probably my fav walsh tune

Not much progress . The bike is at my buddy's who is doing the powder coating. Hopefully he's doing it , I'm on his time now so who knows if this bike will be done on time or not . I still don't have all the parts I need either. So I better dig deep in the bike building fund .
I did manage to get the 3 speed greased and back together .
60a92d709f36c34f136ed0a87c00be6f.jpg

Last edited:
Time to send the 'knuckle busters' over to the buddy's doing the powder coating? :comando:

Any more parts work on The Fink while you've been waiting? Anxious to see this bike again!:nod:

Time to send the 'knuckle busters' over to the buddy's doing the powder coating? :comando:

Any more parts work on The Fink while you've been waiting? Anxious to see this bike again!:nod:

He did get my wheel hoop done but no picture. I'm off on a camper trip for a few days for some R&R . This is all I have for ya OJ .
71b67d8e49e8da950a152fd08831c547.jpg

With a Klunkin trail ride. Love that bike!

Looks like a good time. Have fun!

Building..... Riding.....

Thanks it always nice to get away for a few days and do
Some resting & riding . There is some trials around hear but it rained this afternoon. So it was a eat drink & movie Kinda day .

Last edited:
A few small steps forward as the clock continues to tick.
Got the 24" rear wheel back from powder now just need to lace & true Which is not my specialty so may have my local bike shop do it bob bike shop has been in business since 76 so for the $23.00 it's worth it to me .
The next shot is the 24" & the 29" mag & the new grifter tire .
c55b4fdf24229ca45bdd911be82380df.jpg
a96017ebfcd3a3dd08333c2de0aaab30.jpg
dd6ebc8300391d5d9d7a2f7cf0c9826c.jpg

He's Back, But Don't Call It a Comeback!!!

Careful what you wish for KF, you're building a contender. He may knock you out.

I'd be cool with that! I want to see this bad boy rolling!

I'd be cool with that! I want to see this bad boy rolling!

Mama said know you out ! Fink 49 coming form behind but don't count me out ,,, I'll be rollen on 29s sparkle & shine old school new im coming for you Rockafella your in my sights ..... word [emoji1365]

Last edited:
Mama said know you out ! Fink 49 coming form behind but don't count me out ,,, I'll be rollen on 29s sparkle & shine old school new im coming for you Rockafella your in my sights ..... word [emoji1365]

UH! OH!

Still waiting on parts from my buddy big Mike the powder coater hopefully he pulls through on time .
I did get some Jewelry for the Fink though .
3e64f55bc6bf5adcef1671b660ba71c9.jpg
5e5b3344473822325ea1431c28a8c38b.jpg

It just need some customization so I rolled the dice .
3a723f35ed093e5ff3786c89160628d5.jpg

I drilled out the big dice to fit it matches the seat pretty well .
a5e5ce8ea1b9aba4463f76d1c3962cf5.jpg

875326f616635d00b8c895205d1ce554.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back