Finished the Slingshot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This summer we finished my 12yr olds 1970 Slingshot. Not 100% correct resto; it's meant to be a killer rider. Bought it as a bare frame from someone here on RRB and spent a couple years piling up parts for it. Thanks to Crash, Rfeagleye, Lisa at memory lane and others for parts. Have since found the right grips and front fender, Now I just need to locate an affordable console...

IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

My 1964 Dragster and his 1970 Slingshot

What it's all about....Junior adjusting his brakes after testing the speedo down the back hill of Greenfield Village in Dearborn.
IMG_2516.JPG

Last edited:
It's nice when things finally all come together, it's a great looking bike, definitely came a long way. I'd love to have one of those in my collection some day. My 11 year old rides a 73 Fair lady 3 speed. Thankfully I didn't have to fix it all up, it wasn't bad at all. Good luck with the console.

Nicely done, it looks great

Right on, I have that one on my ebay watch list but wasn't sure how nice it was. I'll get one ordered.
Crawford is Great. I ordered a Huffy badge that was actually too big through eBay, and he fixed it by sending me the couple sizes he sells and just told me to use the one I needed and return the rest.

Crawford is Great. I ordered a Huffy badge that was actually too big through eBay, and he fixed it by sending me the couple sizes he sells and just told me to use the one I needed and return the rest.
FYI: There are two sizes of badges, one for the 20" and one for the 24". Sounds like you got the latter, which is about 3.5" tall.

Latest posts

Back