Finally Putting In My Intro - Peace from Virginia Beach

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going guys and gals.
I've already been posting here for a few weeks now but never really posted an intro. So anyway, here it is...
I found you guys while I was doing a Build Off project called Velo Cheapo for Bikeforums.net. The Build Off rules were to build a bike with a max budget of $149.99. So naturally, while looking for some inspiration, Google has brought me here. And I haven't left yet.

I guess I am primarily a road biker in the summer time (20 miles on Saturdays and 40 miles on Sundays) and a builder during the off season. So far I have built up four bikes and I am in the works on a fifth.

Here are some of my bikes. I have sold the Litespeed and have never looked back. This is one roadie who is sick and tired of $100.00 bottle cages and $1,000 wheels!

litespeed_siena_23462.jpg

Cilo_Bike_xx3.jpg

Top_Grass.jpg

Raleigh_Retro_Lauterwasser_XX.jpg

ela_easton_5.jpg

Welcome roadie. We'll have you in black primer before you can say Rat. I'm liking those black bikes of yours though. Keep them shiny. :)

I thought 100 dollar cages were cool? lol Glad to have you here.

stepper said:
I've already been posting here for a few weeks now but never really posted an intro.

Wow don't know how you got away with that. The Intro Police musta been sleeping :D

Welcome and those are some really classy looking bikes!
And if you don't mind... put your location in your profile.

Thanks for the welcome guys.
There really is alot of good to be said about a site whose members actually read (and respond to) the Intro pages!

Looking at the seat on the first bike makes my balls hurt. I don't know how you roadies do it.

But that is one heck of an impressive bike for $149.99. The wheels alone look like they'd go for that much. And all of your bikes are gorgeous. You've got a great eye for the finished product.

GodHatesCleveland said:
Looking at the seat on the first bike makes my balls hurt. I don't know how you roadies do it.

But that is one heck of an impressive bike for $149.99. The wheels alone look like they'd go for that much. And all of your bikes are gorgeous. You've got a great eye for the finished product.

lol. That seat did hurt if you weren't wearing the full roadie Bobby Brown kit with padded spandex.
bobbybrown.jpg

I should have clarified though, the third bike down is the one that was under $149.99 ($128 actual cost). I would probably say that the stem on the Litespeed is about $149.99.

Great looking bikes! I would love to see more of the black bike with the headlight and front rack and the Easton.Thanks. :D

Latest posts

Back