Finally got me a project bike!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so yeah this is going to be my first attempt at a bike like this! Ive been searching CL since i joined here to see if i could find any good deals, and i did find some good deals but since i wasn't working (i broke my clavicle) i would hesitate to spend money and next thing u know the bike would be gone =/....
Anyways the doctor finally gave me the OK to go back to work, so i dont have to worry about running low on funds...i really wanted a cruiser but after lurking around here i started to like the road bikes.... I found this one today, it was listed as at old schwinn, soo i really dont know anything bout it, but i think the guy i bought it from said it was a 1960s... i really didnt pay much attention, because i was just excited to get it lol.... i paid $40, it that good? (everything works, it just needs tires)

i only have one pic.

photo32-1.jpg

i have an idea of what i want to do with it; paint, wheels (going single speed), bars, seat and some other small stuff.....but i am a total noob so im open to suggestions... all i know is that im going to just have fun with this :D

okay ive been putting this bike off for a while now.....ive been real busy, i just got back into riding (BMX) and im also working on my never ending car project lol.... soo i really havent had time for this bike, but i finally got around to it this week..... Im going in a completly different route then what i intended to do so at first..... I just want to get it up running and at have it looking decent.... im trying to get it done by this week for critical mass, because riding it in my 20" is a pain lol...

anyways, all i did was paint it black, and buy some tires for it.....ill probably order a new seat for it too (most likely a leather one)....yeah it still has rust on it, but i like it like that lol.... speaking of rust, ive been thinking to to raw out the frame, instead of it being black...yay or nay?
photo42.jpg

i wish i knew someone that could pinstrip cheap lol

got a new seat, new grip tape and removed the reflectors!!!

this isnt the seat i wanted to get. i wanted something a older with hints of rust haha , but i got out bidded a few times on the seat a really wanted :( ....

let me know what yall think?!?! ill prolly do a 1 or 2 more things on it, but i think im done with it....ill take better pics and post em on the gallery section whenever i have time....

photo44.jpg

I just did the raw look on my Hercules three speed. Only thing teally fifferent is mine has lugs and the Schwinns are brazened. It had a couple of paint layers so it took away even with some aircraft paint stripper. Then I just said fughe it and just broke out the die grinder with a wire wheel bit on it and went to town. I love how it turned out. I didn't completely get the tubes spotless so they have some spots of umm patina on it. It's not rust but it's not paint also. I have another frame I may have blasted so it's spotless. Then from there I just painted the lugs with black laquer paint and clear coated the whole thing. It turned out amazing. It's just really raw and mean I think with the parts I have on it. I was thinking of picking up a Schwinn like that this past weekend but when I comes to road bikes I really like for it to have a euro sized bottom bracket. Looks good though. The nice thing about that rear wheel is when it comes time to change it to a single speed. You can unscrew the gears and just toss on any old bmx style freewheel.

Latest posts

Back