Finally found a BIG cruiser!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One of the reasons I got into building kustom cruisers is because stock frames were always too small for my 6'1" height. Well I finally found one that fits! It's the February 29 by Tuesday. Don't let the picture fool you, unlike the Onyx or the Millenial, this one has a frame as big as the 29" wheels! It is BIG, just the thing for us big guys!
1614264488611.png

Of course I had to add some personal touches! :cool:

1614264884439.png

1614264271591.png

That's pretty cool. It would be extra cool if you could post a picture with the big boy next to a regular sized cantilever frame for comparison
Well I just happen to be refurbishing a Huffy to flip, so here you are! PS The racks and the 3 speed back hub are recent additions.
IMG_1916.jpg
IMG_1914.jpg
IMG_1896.jpg

I love that bike, being 6' 3" and long torso I am constantly modifying my bikes to comfortably fit me as I don't like to ride all hunched over. I'd love to find one, Search Tempest didn't turn anything up so probably buying new is my only option. Do you have trouble finding comfortable cars too? I can't drive anything with a sunroof, what fits me best are full size pickups and my VW Golf w/o sunroof.

Of course, the above will work.

In the early 60's Schwinn Americans came in XL frames.

In the late 90's/early 2000's Schwinn had the Cruiser Supreme in a 22" frame.

My 22" Y2K Cruiser Supreme:
20210722_151537.jpg

Since you have a long torso, check out some stretch style cruisers.

Also, frames that are more long torso friendly can be had on pre-war Schwinns because the effective top tubes are longer that their later models.

My 1940 Schwinn Pullman:
bwd7.JPG

That is madness. Would an average rider even be able to pedal it?
This made me laugh. I work a couple nights a week putting together bikes for a big-box sporting goods store whose name rhymes with "mix." Every bike I set up, I ride a quick lap around one side of the store to make sure the brakes and gears work the way they did on the stand. A couple of our mountain bike lines come in several frame sizes from XS to XL. Since I'm only 5'6", it's always a challenge to test ride the XL ones... I feel like the clown at the circus riding the giraffe unicycle, or like the guy on the tallbike in the parade, or like I'm 6 years old riding my dad's bike. I literally have to stretch my toes to get to the bottom of the pedal stroke.

I’m 6’2 and have the same issue. That 29” cruiser is awesome. I wonder if some of the other companies will catch on and release something similar. My 2012 kos with the massive big crook bars fits me best.

Of course, the above will work.

In the early 60's Schwinn Americans came in XL frames.

In the late 90's/early 2000's Schwinn had the Cruiser Supreme in a 22" frame.

My 22" Y2K Cruiser Supreme:

Since you have a long torso, check out some stretch style cruisers.

Also, frames that are more long torso friendly can be had on pre-war Schwinns because the effective top tubes are longer that their later models.

My 1940 Schwinn Pullman:
Thanks, I'll watch for some of those

I'm 6'4 and don't have that many problems finding, or making a bike fit.

Latest posts

Back