Fiesta-Ray MBBO Class 2

Jan 8, 2016
Mountain View, CA
I picked up this girls 1967 Fiesta a while back as part of a "package deal". The 67 Fastback handlebars and grips made it worthwhile. (is that seat wrong or what?)
fiesta.jpg

As far as I know, 67 & 68 were the last of the 20" tank bikes. The frame is a bit wee - like a Lil Chik but the tank makes it interesting. I will swap out that front fork to give it a longer look. The "parts bin" will take care of the rest.
Fiesta Tank.JPG

It should have looked like this from the factory:
Factory Original.JPG

So the goal is to make a mild custom girls (or step-through as some say) Stingray style bike.

Jan 8, 2016
Mountain View, CA
IMG_4130.JPG

Progress: Cleaned and re-laced a set of S7s with a 3 speed I got a couple years ago in a trade for a vintage cooler. Used the best Gripper Slik and generic front tires I had. Swapped out the shorty crank arm for a Fastback size. Added a fork from a 26" Breeze that I had bent.

IMG_4133.JPG

No space for anything but the Lucky 7.

IMG_4131.JPG

Full size 18" seat squares up nice and appears to put the rider weight in front of the rear axel.

Jan 8, 2016
Mountain View, CA
Trying to find a narrow Schwinn kickstand that is a bit longer. When I put the handlebars on, the front fork tends to spin and destabilize the bike. It has a 8312 on it now. The Fastback 8337/346 is too long. I have (no idea where I got it!) a wide 361 which is a short Stingray stand that sits the bike perfect but the crank arm nails it. Green Dragon mentions in his book that 24/26" middle weights may have a narrow stand between the 8312 and 8337 but I don't know the number?

Reactions: Scribble
Jun 11, 2012
Visalia, CA
I have an extra 8337 from my Fastback, but that's all I have for Schwinn kickstands. Narrower? I'm not sure what that would mean. I thought it was all about the length.

Jan 8, 2016
Mountain View, CA
That's what she thinks...lol

Thanks. There is a narrow like the Fastback and a wide like the Stingray. Then length differences. The numbers don't seem to say anything. The Stingrays and Fastbacks are well known. But other stuff I can't find much on.

Reactions: Chad T