Felt Thick Bricks or Schwalbe Fat Franks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thinking about buying either a cream set of Quick Bricks or Fat Franks, just curious from anyone who rides with them. Which is the better tire? I'm mostly riding on pavement.

Last edited:
Franks do ride better and if I was building a high mileage bike that is what I would run. For just a cruiser that I put less than 20 miles on a week I run Bricks because of the price.

I have both and agree the Franks are easier to ride with least road resistance. One more tire to consider is the Hookworms which is my favorite tires on cruisers.
For looks I don't like the Franks with the reflective strip around the tire and like the plain looking Felts better.

I have the cst Palm Bay in brown that look like a frank knock off with the reflective strip and all. I really like them. They do roll nice. I had bontrager hanks on it before, they seemed to roll even easier but I wanted some brown tires.

If it's a CST, it should be a Cheng Shin, made in China. I think Schwalbes are made in Indonesia. I'd be surprised if CST would buy Schwalbes and relabel them as CSTs; they're usually happy to just make a flagrant knock-off... (Not that Schwalbe came up with that tread pattern, but the ride quality is inimitible....)

I think you're right. And, if you shop around, you can find Franks for under $35/each
http://www.niagaracycle.com/categor...ire-w-kevlar-guard-26-x-2-35-creme-reflective
What are Quick Bricks? $25 to $30 each? So, even if you spend $20 more on a set, what's twenty bucks? Buying lunch out costs $20 these days, unless you go to Wendy's or something....
Agreed, seems to me that the compound is different than other tires, perhaps this accounts for some of the price difference?

They don't have the same exact tread as the frank. The color is close, and they have the reflective strip, which I actually like. I'll see where they are made. I bought them because they were super cheap.

I always liked those tires, Steve, but they won't clear the majority of traditional frames. They do look super-impressive on frames with enough clearance, though....

Is anyone running Franks with fenders? Just curious as to whether or not there's room

Yep.:happy:
24-1385859000-172d60c729650e0616695a4c7d99940d.jpg

Latest posts

Back