Felt Red Baron~MP Evo-mashification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Sep 13)

Fixed the flats with some nice new tubes from the local shop, some tire liner AND slime. Hopefully I am winning battle against flats. Time will tell.

y9p466.jpg

Then I decided to mount the head lights lower on the front rack, from something I saw here on Rat Rod - and I should have a USEABLE front rack.

7InrIO.jpg

I decided to move the gear shifter also. Front & center turned out to be a real nut buster - literally.

So I ordered in an adjustable handlebar mount thing and mounted it UNDER the seat, where it can be easily manipulated.

I finished the shifter GRENADE and painted it. I am thinking SHARKS TEETH for it too...

M2zUdz.jpg

N4MBMo.jpg

vwkHw4.jpg

I am planning on Replacing/Upgrading the following:
  1. Pedals with some refurbed DK Iron Cross pedals DONE
  2. Fenders with some black full fenders from Felt DONE
  3. A couple racks front & rear DONE
    - Oak wood Ammo Chest panniers (Working it! Finish sanding, staining, lacquer coat/sealant & leather straps)
  4. A front light and a tail light DONE
  5. A Shimano 8 speed hub in the rear DONE
  6. A SA front brake & dynamo hub (Parts are IN - holding off install until WINTER!)
  7. A suicide shifter of sorts DONE
  8. Chop down the shifter cable in length!

I am considering replacing

1) Front forks with something similar to the M.P. / el Guapo forks (IN - I don't know if this is going to work out - maybe though - Still deciding)
2) Heavy Duty Layback Seat Post (Got one from SLOWRIDERZ This thing is AWESOME! SOLID! )
3) Seat (Snagged a RED BARON seat from eBay...)
4) New Chain Guard DONE - Thanks to MOONBASE!
5) Paint ? (Hmmmm. I am not a RED BIKE kinda guy - subdued/ G.I. style not Gastrointestinal either - General Issue)
6) Decal (Do I paint or not is the REAL question!)

Well, I am thinking of going with the el Guapo front forks. I am going to start another thread in the HOW TO - cause I have NO IDEA what I need as far as bearings caps & what not to do the switcheroo...

~Will

(5 June) Alot happened over the past while, but back to working on the BD BIKE.

uiiGCd.jpg

xJ79Uz.jpg

TujM1e.jpg

loJKaS.jpg

I really liked the grenade shifter and how it turned out, BUT it's not RIGHT for a 1944 bike! So, I need to do up a MARK DEUCE PINEAPPLE grenade for a shifter knob! :rockout:

I am planning on Replacing/Upgrading the following:
  1. Pedals with some refurbed DK Iron Cross pedals DONE
  2. Fenders with some black full fenders from Felt DONE
  3. A couple racks front & rear DONE
    - Oak wood Ammo Chest panniers (Working it! Finish sanding, staining, lacquer coat/sealant & leather straps)
  4. A front light and a tail light DONE
  5. A Shimano 8 speed hub in the rear DONE
  6. A SA front brake & dynamo hub (Parts are IN - holding off install until WINTER!)
  7. A suicide shifter of sorts DONE
  8. Chop down the shifter cable in length!
  9. Painting - DONE
  10. Stencils & SHARKS TEETH!
  11. GRENADE SHIFTER - REDO
  12. Custom Pre-War bars from SENSOR / Plan-Nine Customs (In Progress...)

I am considering replacing

1) Front forks with something similar to the M.P. / el Guapo forks (IN - I don't know if this is going to work out - maybe though - Still deciding)
2) Heavy Duty Layback Seat Post (Got one from SLOWRIDERZ This thing is AWESOME! SOLID! )
3) Seat (Snagged a RED BARON seat from eBay...)
4) New Chain GuardDONE - Thanks to MOONBASE!

I don't think I like the front forks. Them things are HEAVY!

Maybe a Aluminum/Carbon fork or aluminum with some shock absorption....?

~Will

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back