Felt on a 29er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought Genesis Onex (Onyx?) 29. Does anyone know if a Felt Abraham springer will fit ? The tire size and steerer tube length are my main concern.

I also bought a set of rims from a Genesis 29er MTB to get the front disc and 36 spokes, so I'm hoping someone makes a disc friendly rocker too.

I'm open to any other type of springer/girder type fork that will work on a 1 1/8 threadless headtube with a 29er size tire....I really don't want an MTB fork if I can help it.

MHF

When I saw your question, at first I thought no way but I knew there was alot of room on my 26" tires. So I took a pic with a 29er rim with WTB Exiwolf a pretty balloonish tire. Good news, it fits! Actually more room than a 24x3 on the sides. I don't believe I ever cut the steerer tube and the one on mine is ~8.5" close as I can get mounted on the bike. I've had it on a coupl eof bikes with head tubes in the 5.25-5.5" range gices enough room for a stack of spacers to adjust the springer position. Couldn't compress the springs all the way but I think there's enough room but you can always preload.

07a78fb9.jpg

mrfritz on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:37 am

Venice Motor Works sells the forks with disk brake drop outs as well as the drop outs by themselves. There is a new HD version of both.

http://venicemotorbikes.com/store/produ ... acad2cf462

That's the Monark style fork, but thanks for looking.

socal_jack.....

That 29er rim/tire setup fills the fork up pretty nice...I like it.

MHF

Latest posts

Back