felt light sled

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought myself a felt lead sled and stripped everything off
to make it as light as possible.
Aluminium crankset, seatpost, rack, headset, bottombracket converter and rims.
24X3.0 big apple tires nexus 3speed, giant 29 inch fork.
9568141325_f10af6496f_c.jpg

9568155629_6a39389a4a_c.jpg

9570971950_a64649fbed_c.jpg

As with many lead sleds, the kickstand had come loose,
It is now in use byLowjack'r !!:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61501&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=stretch
ive had the hole fillet-brazed and came up with this solution:
9570965194_a3e3eb351b_c.jpg

Ps. if anyone is interested in spare lead sled parts(tank, fork, crank, fenders)
let me know.

Rides lovely, fast and comfortable.Tested over 45 kmph.
Some of the lycra outfit helmet and earodynamic shades cyclists laugh in my face until i pass them.
Its funny to watch their expressions change from ridiculing to confusion and disbelief.
These type of bicycles are banned from the cyclingsport by the Union Cycliste Internationale
since the 1930s, so we really dont know how fast they could be..
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...10-brilliant-bike-redesigns-recumbent-bicycle
Tankplate that would be..where would you want ro receive it?

:D Some of the lycra outfit helmet and earodynamic shades cyclists laugh in my face until i pass them.
Its funny to watch their expressions change from ridiculing to confusion and disbelief. :D Thats funny,i have the same problem,leaving them in my dust :p love Holland,beautiful place,great people and lots of bike,my idea of Heaven :) about the plates,maybe you should keep them,stick them on your wall looks 8) you do have a wall? :D could we swap something?I have a lead sled too,got some new decals done i will post some photos soon. :wink:

Latest posts

Back