Felt Haribo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay, I am quite happy! I found a Felt Haribo in an wonderful condition in the ebay classifieds. I paid 230 for it, but I consider it a fair price. I could have gotten a Scythe for 215, but as much as I love Felt choppers they are not for me for a number of reasons.
I don't own a car currently so I asked my mom to drive me there (in "exchange" for me installing a shower curtain at her place).
I knew I wouldn't be able to get in the car without dissassembly (I miss my T-model Merc) so I had an abundance of tools with me. It took removing pedals, the wheels and the handlebars to get it in the back of the car:
20191003_172904.jpg

It has 24 inch wheels with the wide moped rims, 3sp clickbox Nexus and a SA drumbrake:
20191003_172909.jpg

I basically only needed a frame, Kingfish254 mentioned the steel frames being only 41mm wide vs. 80 (?) for the aluminum. From what I see I dare to assume that the ones with the curved tank are the steel ones and those with the straight tank are the aluminum. Correct me if I am wrong.
The plan is not quite clear yet, but I am thinking of stripping the paint. I will replace the fork with my wonderful RockShoxx XC32 (I have a 26 font wheel with a wide rim and a disk for it) and might probably swap the rear wheel (I have a frewheel 3sp Nexus with a rollerbrake).

You scored that pretty quickly and that was a very good price with it including those bars and a 24x3 wheelset and tires. WELL DONE!!

You have Winnie the Pooh on your tank? I am a bit envious. I would call it "the Grand Poohbah"! Painting over it would be a lot of bother.

Latest posts

Back