Felt El Guapo 10/13 Lamborghini

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Hard to call this a build, but I plan to have some fun with different configurations on the Felt El Guapo I recieved in trade for my 1954 Columbia tanker.

Here is a photo from the previous owner.
image-2_zps5af9190f.jpg

I really like the extra holes he drilled into the chainring.
image2.jpg

It also came with the original apes. I decided to run with these on my first ride.
image8.jpg

Here is how it has looked the past week at my office.
WP_000915.jpg

Re: Felt El Guapo

There weren't enoughshims under the dust cap to keep the upper bearing race pushed down, so I went to a LBS and had to get 12 shims. While I was there, I saw this cool Sun Cruz out front.

WP_000981.jpg

Got home and put everything together for the classic KF koi pond photo.

WP_000982.jpg

The lines of this felt really remind me of Terry66's ratty Jet. I had to mock up the WF chainguard. I have ben contemplating painting up the fake tank halves with the red and white WF jet graphics.

WP_000983.jpg

WP_000984.jpg

Tightened everything up and went on one of my usual rides around Savannah.
I was very pleased to the feel and ride of this bike. The gearing is perfect, I found myself getting some very good speed out of a single speed.

WP_000985.jpg

WP_000986.jpg

WP_000988.jpg

WP_000987.jpg

WP_000990.jpg

WP_000991.jpg
WP_000994.jpg

WP_000995.jpg

WP_000997.jpg

WP_000992.jpg

eparsons said:
I like the reflection pic, my wife loves the koi pond.

Thanks, the courtyard garden is my wife's creation.

LukeTheJoker said:
Cool bike KingFish!

Luke.

Thanks Luke. It rides great too. The apes are nice and strong too. My seat clamp loosened, so I had to ride the last leg home standing the whole way and the bars didn't flex at all. Those monster Felt pedals help too.

freddyfingaz said:
I really like this frame style. Very cool.

Me too. I hope to get some riding in this weekend.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Now that's a cool bike! :mrgreen:

I had to be like my hero SR69!

freddyfingaz said:
Is this felt frame made out of aluminum or steel material?

This is steel. I think there were some models that felt had with an aluminum version of this same frame.

man kingfish that bike is sweet looking
another awesome build
sometimes getting them pre built and adding a few personal touches is all it takes
the apes look great on it
thanks for sharing
Sean

burrkrayecycles said:
man kingfish that bike is sweet looking
another awesome build
sometimes getting them pre built and adding a few personal touches is all it takes
the apes look great on it
thanks for sharing
Sean

Actualy no personal touches yet. These are the original factory apes, and I don't have the rear fender or chainguard on yet. The only thing non stock right now is my TwoFish blue beer filled level indicator, and the cool way the previous owner drilled out the extra holes on the chainring.

I add my touch later though.

Went for a nice crisp ride today and took some more Flat Stanley pics of my El Guapo

General Oglethorpe (founder of Savannah)
WP_001025.jpg

Pulaski Monumnet
WP_001024.jpg

Forsyth Park Fountain
WP_001021.jpg

Got up on the Forsyth Park Bandshell. This is where all of those concerts are held that you see photos of from me.
WP_001019.jpg

WP_001015.jpg

WP_001013.jpg

WP_001012.jpg

.... this thing is really pretty!

jcoles92 said:
dang this thing is really pretty!

Thanks

WP_001017.jpg

hey kingfish i'm a fan of the ratty jet too. I thought you could twist that concept and do a sabre jet (I had that plastic model) or if ur like me (a little out there) maybe a early mig depicted on the tank halves. Then maybe some hammer and sickles or red stars comrade. I like to make bikes that never was but coulda been.

Cool additional ideas!
Right now I am still enjoying the newness of it and riding it. I think I am going to hold off any major mods for now.

Latest posts

Back