Felt Canvas Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a long time since I last put a bike together. Just finished up my first cruiser, a Felt Canvas Cruiser. Raided the old parts bin and used some cranks, BB, seatpost, and chain that worked on it. It's based on a Felt Revolver and Morgan 3-Wheeler.

01-morgan-threewheeler-geneva.jpg

FeltCanvas003.jpg

FeltCanvas007.jpg

FeltCanvas012.jpg

FeltCanvas011.jpg

FeltCanvas016.jpg

Thanks guys! I used a Truvativ BB converter and it worked great. It rides great but the steering is kinda twitchy due to the handlebar location, something I'll have to get used to.

Very cool!
I'm also a firm believer that a Brooks looks great on (and makes!) almost any bike! :mrgreen:

whoa! great bike, love that ole bomber style... seen a few pin-ups, but never the big shark teeth!
got any more details on the cranks ??? i've been itching to swap out mine to a three piece...

Thanks for the compliments!

The cranks are old Campy Nuovo Records I had in my parts bin. I used the truvativ BB converter and it worked great. I did run into a very slight clearance problem between the chainstays and crankarm, I had to slightly grind the very bottom back edge of the crankarm to get enough clearance. The Felt cruiser frame is really wide at the chainstays.

Hated to do that to an old campy crankset but it sat in a box for over 20yrs and probably be never used again, so what the heck. Could have also used a wider bottom bracket but that would probably put the chainline way out.

Latest posts

Back