Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added some wheel lights to my felt tonight, Radlicht from Germany, only showing one as I did mot have enough batteries for the front ones to try but you get the idea!

Found the time to work on my Felt again.

The next step was painting over those BEAUTIFUL Red Baron markings... :headbang:

loJKaS.jpg

I am not very pleased with the SHARKS TEETH decal, so its going to get ripped off and PAINTED instead.

I have a set of SWEET custom PRE-WAR bars coming from SENSOR / Plan-Nine Customs.

~Will

I have a BUILD thread going HERE: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/felt-red-baron-mp-evo-mashification.85852/page-2

Last edited:
I went out and had a trying time photographing the Speedster. There are two reason why it is difficult to photograph.

1) The reflective tank logo screws with the sensor - even when the camera is in manual mode. I rarely use any filters or auto modes.
Speedster-front.png

2) The second reason this is hard to photograph is the color. It is hard to adjust for and it seems to change color vastly (to a photographer) in shaded areas.

Speedster-promo.png

The one below is my favorite pic from the shoot. It really sells the look.
speedster-main-smaller.png

Inverse brake levers leave a lot to be desired - like stopping. I took regular Sturmey-Archer levers and reversed them. They work beautifully.
Speedster-front.png

Minutes before this pic was taken I switched the pedals to the ones you see here and I swapped out the chain ring for a polished 1909 chain wheel which I instantly hated (after trying to buy one for a year.) I went back to my original chain wheel which I liked better.
Speedster-promo.png

This thing began life as elements in the ground. After that somebody made a Felt Baron 2. A man named Ray sold it to me. Since I almost never use Felt wheels he's buying the wheels for 2/3 what he sold me an entire bike for. I am throwing in tires and tubes as well. I always use new ones anyway because I often offer my builds for sale.
speedster-head-on.png
Speedster-promo.png
speedster-tight-head-on.png

That being said, here is the full story behind this bike:
"The Need for Speedster"
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-need-for-speedster.92619/ via @ratrodbikes

Last edited:
I feel like an awkward pre-teen amongst seasoned adults, with some of these beautiful bikes!

Ya'll are an inspiration!

~Will

Well GIG - looks like you built another one , it's a good lookin machine - glad you went with no front fender - really shows off the fork !
And I'd like to see the way you mounted the shifter on the fork ( closeup) - it's Interesting and I'm wondering how it works - well... While you are riding ? Easy to get used to?

Overall though it's kinda awesome !
I'm looking forward to the Felt build sporting the lefty ! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji844]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out and had a trying time photographing the Speedster. There are two reason why it is difficult to photograph.

1) The reflective tank logo screws with the sensor - even when the camera is in manual mode. I rarely use any filters or auto modes.
View attachment 10868
2) The second reason this is hard to photograph is the color. It is hard to adjust for and it seems to change color vastly (to a photographer) in shaded areas.

View attachment 10869

The one below is my favorite pic from the shoot. It really sells the look.
View attachment 10877

Inverse brake levers leave a lot to be desired - like stopping. I took regular Sturmey-Archer levers and reversed them. They work beautifully.
View attachment 10868

Minutes before this pic was taken I switched the pedals to the ones you see here and I swapped out the chain ring for a polished 1909 chain wheel which I instantly hated (after trying to buy one for a year.) I went back to my original chain wheel which I liked better.
View attachment 10869

This thing began life as elements in the ground. After that somebody made a Felt Baron 2. A man named Ray sold it to me. Since I almost never use Felt wheels he's buying the wheels for 2/3 what he sold me an entire bike for. I am throwing in tires and tubes as well. I always use new ones anyway because I often offer my builds for sale.
View attachment 10870 View attachment 10871 View attachment 10872
That being said, here is the full story behind this bike:
"The Need for Speedster"
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-need-for-speedster.92619/ via @ratrodbikes
Looks nice GIGZ! You did a very fine job, a lot of attention to detail.:thumbsup:

Well GIG - looks like you built another one , it's a good lookin machine - glad you went with no front fender - really shows off the fork !
And I'd like to see the way you mounted the shifter on the fork ( closeup) - it's Interesting and I'm wondering how it works - well... While you are riding ? Easy to get used to?

I'm looking forward to the Felt build sporting the lefty ! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji844]

The Lefty build, "Skip," is not going smoothly. I am having crank spindle bearing troubles and and the fork is either too loose or too tight. It will come along.

- by Gigmata

I've done this sort of mount before. Your mind just learn where the gears are so it's livable. I had initially wanted to add a suicide shift to it and mount the shift knob near the crank or under the tank. Mounting on the fork was not as cool but it has a clean look to it. It actually is not so different than the controls on the original board track racers. Thank you for the complements.

Last edited:
I've done this sort of mount before. Your mind just learn where the gears are so it's livable. I had initially wanted to add a suicide shift to it and mount the shift knob near the crank or under the tank. Mounting on the fork was not as cool but it has a clean look to it. It actually is not so different than the controls on the original board track racers. Thank you for the complements.
T
I like that speedster gig

I finally found a felt bike dealership not to far from where I live...he had an MP cruiser and the antique archeology bike on the floor...they are nicer in person..those new felt cruiser seats they come with are real comfortable...I was very impressed with the build quality...worth the $799 price tag

Latest posts

Back