Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow... very nice Bikes :shock:

o.k. now I will show you my first Cruiser from Felt, the El Guapo

file.php

no customizing, only head- and real light. I like this bike original :)

Here is my Felt Cruiser "Limited Edition New Belgium Brewery Fat Tire Ale" Bike. It has some fatty Quick Bricks, flat brick red paint and some flippin cool logos and extras. This bike is twice the ride as my Electra Cruiser. In fact, I think I'm ordering a Felt Frame Kit and going from there next time or finding a used one and build it up, but thats for another time.
Unfortunatly I may have to sell this one to pay for the next bike/build. :cry:

By the way, you guys have some sweet felts, i'm a little jealous right now. :p

ARlower001.jpg

ARlower003.jpg

ARlower004.jpg

ARlower005.jpg

Hey I just noticed some differences between some of our Felt Frames. Sorry if I'm a little sloooow, but I noticed some of these frames look like they have a weld seam on the main tank area, others do not. Were the earlier ones two piece? Mine has no weld, so I think it must be the hydro formed version.
Again, I've been away from the scene for a long time so if you have some info on this I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for a used and abused Felt frame for my new custom job but I would like it to be the cleaner version with no welds on the main area.

Bad Droid said:
In fact, I think I'm ordering a Felt Frame Kit and going from there next time or finding a used one and build it up, but thats for another time.

My opinion would be to find a used one so you have all the parts there. it was a good idea for them to sell a Frame kit, but for the price you can find a used one, take it apart and customize it for cheaper. I found my 1903 for $160 on craigslist. Even $300 for a used Felt would be good considering the frame kit is $350 and you still have to buy wheels/tires/cranks and a lot of other things to complete it.

also, pm me a price on the fat tire felt. I may be interested if it's not too much. I have two 2004 electra fat tire bikes and plan on collecting more of them.

Bad Droid said:
Hey I just noticed some differences between some of our Felt Frames. Sorry if I'm a little sloooow, but I noticed some of these frames look like they have a weld seam on the main tank area, others do not. Were the earlier ones two piece? Mine has no weld, so I think it must be the hydro formed version.
Again, I've been away from the scene for a long time so if you have some info on this I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for a used and abused Felt frame for my new custom job but I would like it to be the cleaner version with no welds on the main area.

just realized this was your post also
the way I found my 1903 was i actually posted on craigslist "Wanted: Felt or Electra Cruiser" (some of you dallas folks may have seen it)and a guy offered it to me for $250. after about 2 weeks of emails back and forth, we settled on the $160 :). when i have a little extra money I may post another add.

and as far as the seal on the tanks. it does look like it's just the differnent way the frames are made. on the website it looks like the "Hydroform Steel Tank Frame" is a little cheaper than the "Cruiselite Rust-Free Aluminum Hydroform Tank Frame" that has the seal. just a different material. but i can understand wanting the seamless one for a custom project. will look nice all smooth

Hi all,
Here's my Felt Red Baron, I've just covered the original iron cross design on the tank with a sticker (that can be removed anytime ) , it looked a bit too german to me and some people might get confused here in France especially living east of the country right by the german border and it avoids me silly comments , I've got myself nothing against germans though.......wich is far to be the case of many people around where I live.....
dscf1771e.jpg

Jipe said:
Hi all,
Here's my Felt Red Baron, I've just covered the original iron cross design on the tank with a sticker (that can be removed anytime ) , it looked a bit too german to me and some people might get confused here in France especially living east of the country right by the german border and it avoids me silly comments , I've got myself nothing against germans though.......wich is far to be the case of many people around where I live.....
dscf1771e.jpg

I always worry about that when I drive this.
CIMG1124-1-1.jpg

Hi ,
Great car , it would be worse if you had a black cross with a white outline. It wouldn't bother me driving around in your car as it is .....

Here are some pics of my Felt Torch Chopper, which Im selling to a mate to procure some funds for a single speed conversion, repaint and brake upgrade on my hardtail mountain bike.

Mods to the Felt are: Micargi wheels, Electra Hotster whitewalls, and a flamed Dyno seat - its a bit of a cross breed :wink: :lol:

30aug001.jpg

30aug005.jpg

30aug006.jpg

30aug007.jpg

Cool GMC pickup I saw while riding on the weekend 8) had some great patina happenin
30aug009.jpg

Back home
30aug015.jpg

Hi! I'm from Pride Kustoms — first Ukrainian custom bicycle club.
This is B-29, we've built it especially for K.G.B. 2009 contest that took place in Moscow. We've got 2nd place, Dee Troy 1st ))

We was inspired by Boeing B–29 Superfortress bomber that dropped the first atomic bomb.

Frame:
We used new out-of-the-box Felt Squealer. Took off all paint with chemical paint remover, than used sandpaper with different grade from P120 to P600 in the end polished all frame with polishing machine and different polishing paste. Each of the riveting was hand polished, cut and glued on its place.

Wheels:

Both of these are 24"x50mm rims with Felt Thick Brick tires. We decided to make them look like Enola Gay's propellers — attached yellow reflecting film and laced with heavy black spokes.

Handlebar:

Custom made cafe racer handlebars with сustom made aluminum grips.

Seat:
Custom leather seat covered with old school pleats and yellow piping.

Details:

Everything that wasn't polished was powdercoated in matte black.

And of course, a beautiful piece of nose art!

Latest posts

Back