Fed up with Sturmey-Archer.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bike build that has stalled to a halt because I can't find an S.A. XF-D front hub anywhere. Everyone is out of stock. I contacted Sturmey Archer to see when they will be sending more to their suppliers and I got this automated response: "There is currently only one person in the US to answer all the emails as well as the phones. Reply time can be up to two weeks as a result." I thought they were a well-established company. Why do they suddenly seem like amateurs?

Seems like there's been an intermittent supply of those ever since Sunrace bought SA and moved them to Taiwan.

They guy who's doing the answering for SA in the US is a guy named Dave Prosser, he's the one who helped me when my XRD-8 broke. I've seen the XFD listed on a few places, but your best bet would be to check with http://www.biketoolsetc.com because they're a direct retailer for SA/Sunrace. If they don't have it, chances are nobody else will either. I just looked, they're saying it's out of stock, too. Have you looked at http://www.ebikestop.com ? Crap, they're out of stock, too...

I guess you're just gonna have to wait, or search ebay.

I saw that the ebay seller "Bicyclebones" sells them for 99.00 plus shipping which is double the normal retail price. I may have to bite the bullet and allow myself to get ripped off. I hate that. Same thing happened when I tried to find prewar crossbrace handlebars. Maple Island Sales had them listed on their website for 35 bucks each. I called them to place an order and the guy said, "Bicyclebones bought my entire stock of those handlebars and he's selling them on ebay for 75 bucks each."

Now thats a nice alternative! Even has the built in generator to power a light! :wink:

Latest posts

Back