Favorite car shows

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CRC TV: Canadian Rally Championship TV. It's an extremely accessable racing series. Basically, there's a category for whatever car you have, and most of the races are a little bit snowy!
maxresdefault.jpg
images (1).jpeg

Another option is to watch the Targa Newfoundland. Not a series, but an amazing grassroots event held yearly. Unfortunately it was cancelled this year, but it'll be back next year. It don't get more Canadian than this:
Targa-Newfoundland-Guide-14.jpg
You wouldn't believe what people bring, and how much money can wind up parked in the ocean
maxresdefault (1).jpg
Thats an Enzo, FYI

Off the top of my head list :grin:. Used to be a huge NASCAR fan, but the 'Car of Tomorrow' made my decision of cutting the (satellite) cable easy...killed the sport for me.

Car/truck shows (bold would be my favs)
Top Gear / Grand Tour (Hammond, Clarkson, May)
Overhaulin' (the earliest seasons are the best)

Monster Garage (the earliest seasons are the best)
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Roadkill
Dirt Every Day
Engine Masters

American Hot Rod
Barrett Jackson
Mecum

(Dis-)Honorable Mention...
Fast n' Loud
Counting Cars

Motorcycle shows
Build or Bust

Biker Build Off
Cafe Racer

American Chopper

Off the top of my head list :grin:. Used to be a huge NASCAR fan, but the 'Car of Tomorrow' made my decision of cutting the (satellite) cable easy...killed the sport for me.

Car/truck shows (bold would be my favs)
Top Gear / Grand Tour (Hammond, Clarkson, May)
Overhaulin' (the earliest seasons are the best)

Monster Garage (the earliest seasons are the best)
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Roadkill
Dirt Every Day
Engine Masters

American Hot Rod
Barrett Jackson
Mecum

Fast n' Loud
Counting Cars

Motorcycle shows
Build or Bust

Biker Build Off
Cafe Racer

American Chopper
Totally forgot about monster garage and American hotrod Boyd was one of the best.

You got all of mine, except Counting Cars has become a bit lame.
I also enjoy Hot Rod Garage and Goblin Works, actually, just about anything on Motor Trend TV works for me!
Shame, there’s no ‘bicycle’ version, I could see segments for the CABE guys, us, the custom builders, gas and e-bikes, roadies, MTB, etc, etc...

I've rarely liked any TV show or movie centered around cars, but for shows I've attended, the 2000 Concorso Italiano, Rennsport Reunion at Limerock, 2000 Monterey Historics, the old Ipswich Concours, and the Lars Anderson Museum lawn events (especially the microcars and they used to have a bicycle show, too) were the ones I remember most fondly. Most disappointing was Pebble Beach (not for the cars, but the people). I used to go to shows all the time, but I haven't been to any in years. Closest thing was a visit to Factory Five Racing, which was pretty cool, but even that was a while ago now, I guess.

I'm a bit picky when it comes to car shows, admittedly. I don't really like drama and hosts with that "in-your-face" kind of personality.

That said, my favorite car shows would probably have to be (more or less in order of most frequently watched/rewatched):
1. Roadkill
2. Full Custom Garage
3. Roadkill Garage
4. Barn Find Hunter (and some other stuff on Hagerty's YouTube channel, like Chip Foose drawing cars)
5. Jay Leno's Garage
6. 3Dbotmaker's channel on YouTube [I highly recommend checking out the DRC (Diecast Racing Championship) series]
6. Hot Rod Garage
7. Dirt Every Day
8. American Muscle Car
9. Overhaulin'
10. Grind Hard Plumbing Co on YouTube
11. Monster Garage, though it's more of a guilty pleasure these days due to how cheesy it gets. I love the builds, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back