FATRAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Donor.......No cool frames in Oz :wink: .

IMGA0216.jpg

Re: "FATRAT"

Galtbacken said:
That's a cool frame in my opinion!! :D

I agree Galtbacken. It's better (for what I want to do with it) than most frames we get here. Been looking for a cheap cruiser frame for RRBBO4 for a while, but no luck (at least this will be a different style of frame than most). I'll post the first mock-up pic tomorrow. It's already May 1st here, does that mean I can start :wink: .

Re: "FATRAT"

I like the smooth lines on that frame, looks almost like a cruiser frame!
It's may 1st here as well, so go right ahead and build! :lol:

OK. First mock-up pics. This is kinda', sorta', somethin' like how the bike will finish up (I think :? ). It will have 26" wheels on it (24's on it now), bare metal finish, and some custom built parts and accessories. Can't let too much out of the bag........early days yet :wink: .

IMGA0235.jpg

IMGA0236.jpg

Re: FATRAT - updated 5/4

My Kenda Flames turned up from BikeWorld USA, and on the same day the LBS phoned to say my wheels had been built :D . This is the first set of wheels I've had built, and I'm very happy with the result and great service.

Black rims, hubs and spokes and 26 x 3 Kenda Flames
IMGA0248.jpg

Had to "massage" the fork to fit the tire
IMGA0251.jpg

Mock up
IMGA0253.jpg

Re: FATRAT - updated May 8

I like it--it looks like a cartoon of a cruiser in the best way. It looks almost done to me, but I think it needs some huge U shaped handlebars.

What an improvement, maybe could use a beefier fork to match up with the fat pipe in the frame, stilllooks good though.

socal_jack said:
What an improvement, maybe could use a beefier fork to match up with the fat pipe in the frame, stilllooks good though.

Oooh, yeah...with a pair of tortion bars...

Latest posts

Back