Fatbelly Bobber - time for a cool change, now the Toadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while ago I swapped the brick red Fat Franks on the Toadmaster (they went in my daughter’s Electra) so I put on these Continental Retrorides, nice tires, but at only 26x2, they seemed a bit ‘skinny’. Honestly, I haven’t rode it much since this pic was taken, as you can see, the seatpost was starting to bend, so it was hanging in my shed until I got around to fix it
BD3C6D58-E75C-4855-A91B-DFDA57FBFA11.jpeg
Anyway, the other day I went to my LBS to order some tires for another bike and taking myself out of buying a new set of cream Electra Vintage Diamonds, when the owner says, “I may have something in the back for you”. He brings out a set of cream Fat Franks that were ‘takeoffs’ from a customer who’s wife was tired of trying to keep them clean…., “here you can have these”…as in for FREE! Immediately, I’m thinking, “these are SO going on the Toadmaster” some day.
Today was that day! First, I straightened the seatpost (as well as I could with a sledgehammer and a railroad tie) then I swapped out the tires. They are a tight fit on the front fender (end to end, not width wise), but they fit.
04197549-9242-4700-9828-E3FBA126A2A4.jpeg

B3F9CFC1-D9F8-49F2-81F6-1E6859A55E3C.jpeg

985008FD-6F4D-47DA-AA83-74DB047F571F.jpeg

Aired those puppies up to 60 psi and took it for a little test ride (little because it was 110 with the heat index today), but dang, these tires roll so nice! OK, here’s the driveway pic, that’s it for now
B8AD84A1-FB6F-41DE-9F9A-40E68439C281.jpeg

Beautiful man! It was a scorcher today, surpised you didn't get blisters on your franks. :D

A while ago I swapped the brick red Fat Franks on the Toadmaster (they went in my daughter’s Electra) so I put on these Continental Retrorides, nice tires, but at only 26x2, they seemed a bit ‘skinny’. Honestly, I haven’t rode it much since this pic was taken, as you can see, the seatpost was starting to bend, so it was hanging in my shed until I got around to fix it
View attachment 196793Anyway, the other day I went to my LBS to order some tires for another bike and taking myself out of buying a new set of cream Electra Vintage Diamonds, when the owner says, “I may have something in the back for you”. He brings out a set of cream Fat Franks that were ‘takeoffs’ from a customer who’s wife was tired of trying to keep them clean…., “here you can have these”…as in for FREE! Immediately, I’m thinking, “these are SO going on the Toadmaster” some day.
Today was that day! First, I straightened the seatpost (as well as I could with a sledgehammer and a railroad tie) then I swapped out the tires. They are a tight fit on the front fender (end to end, not width wise), but they fit.
View attachment 196796
View attachment 196797
View attachment 196798
Aired those puppies up to 60 psi and took it for a little test ride (little because it was 110 with the heat index today), but dang, these tires roll so nice! OK, here’s the driveway pic, that’s it for now
View attachment 196795
What a score!

Latest posts

Back