BO15 Fat Daddy 01

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well i saw a post this morning on facebook from kingfish and i got to thinking i have been putting off a build for some time and maybe its time to get with it .
I dont have a lot of parts at this time so i'll have to see where it goes , there is a huge amount of real talent on this forum and these build offs can be interesting . Some of the members have amazing ideas and create some works of art so for me its about getting it done .
These style of bike are not that new and i have a few different ideas floating around how i would like it to be and how it ends up is a different story as i do not have a real pipe bender at this time . But lets see how far i get ! Id like it to be a three speed but who knows .
Good luck everyone !
starting off i have a used 280mm chopper tire and custom rim , a jack shaft kit , and chad Morgans bottom bracket and head tube .

Attachments

• 280.jpg
    280.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 145
  • 2802.jpg
    2802.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 154
MO FATTA
MO BETTA

Good to see you back at it c1run1 ! Cool start too.
RaT oN~!

well bad news today , the swing arm came in , and i took it out to do a test fit and it doesn't even come close the add said it will fit up to a 300mm tire and i have a 280 and it hits the swing arm , the axle didnt fit either its supposed to be 1 inch my barrings are one inch and the axle it to big .
I contacted the company to see if they will take the return not to mention it was not entirely welded up . I used a half inch bar just to get an idea on how it looked and there was no adjustment with that at all so even if the one inch fit the barrings the wheel would never fit the swing arm . Major set back i'm totally bummed .:doh:

Attachments

• chopper bike 001.JPG
    chopper bike 001.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 145
  • chopper bike 003.JPG
    chopper bike 003.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 151
  • chopper bike 004.JPG
    chopper bike 004.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 147
  • chopper bike 005.JPG
    chopper bike 005.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 133
  • chopper bike 006.JPG
    chopper bike 006.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 138
  • chopper bike 007.JPG
    chopper bike 007.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 137
Sorry to hear about your swingarm and axle woes. I hope you find one that is the right size.

PICTURE POSTING TIP: Select the FULL IMAGE button when you upload your pics so that we see them full size without having to click on the thumbnails to embiggen them.

I like that wheel !
Well i saw a post this morning on facebook from kingfish and i got to thinking i have been putting off a build for some time and maybe its time to get with it .
I dont have a lot of parts at this time so i'll have to see where it goes , there is a huge amount of real talent on this forum and these build offs can be interesting . Some of the members have amazing ideas and create some works of art so for me its about getting it done .
These style of bike are not that new and i have a few different ideas floating around how i would like it to be and how it ends up is a different story as i do not have a real pipe bender at this time . But lets see how far i get ! Id like it to be a three speed but who knows .
Good luck everyone !
starting off i have a used 280mm chopper tire and custom rim , a jack shaft kit , and chad Morgans bottom bracket and head tube .

What's rhe latest on this build?

What's rhe latest on this build?
I dont Think its going to happen I returned the swing arm and finally got my refund while this was all going on my truck was in the shop 4 times for the same issue . At witch point i lost faith in it so i traded it in . Then i had to buy another engine for another vehicle i own its just been a bad month and watching the USA fall apart is not helping . I hope to comment on everyone's build soon .

Latest posts

Back