Fat Chance Buckshaver

Oct 3, 2015
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was gifted this early 90s Fat Chance Buckshaver yesterday! Its complete, in great shape, and almost correct! I do plan on returning it back to original, wheels, fork, brakes, and some other bits arent period correct but hopefully I can locate some of the correct parts for it. I am bummed because I had the wheels but sold them recently, and had a 1" steerer AMP fork that would have been pimp on this thing. But we will see where it goes, may go on some vintage mtb rides with it, but its going to be well cared for.

keep the rubber side down!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a great score, and to have someone give it to ya. I wish I could get lucky like that. I wonder how long you could have kept the Amp fork going if you still had it?

Oct 3, 2015
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was speechless when the previous owner mentioned giving it to me. I love the color, the green fade is just killer. Stripped it down to the frame and polished it with some Pedros Bike Lust. And picked up a mint Nishiki Ariel off craigslist the other day for a decent price that had a full 7spd shimano xt m730 build kit on it... so it got stripped and parts installed on the Buckshaver to make it period correct. I almost have it finished up, and will be posting pics soon! Then riding it once, and hanging it for those special occasion rides.

Oct 3, 2015
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, been a minute since I updated. Got all parts installed, still need correct front derailleur as I am using a later generation XT, and to overhaul the Rock Shox Judy SL and its Englund air cartridges. I had the Brew Jug cable hangers in my stash forever and finally installed them on a bike, kinda hurt opening the packages, no longer NOS... almost all parts are the early 90s 7spd Shimano XT pieces, in excellent shape, and the Araya RM-40 rims with two tone green and yellow stripes fit perfectly!

keep the rubber side down!

Reactions: RustyGold