Fast, strong but not so beefy

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah. Personally I'd rather put in the time to find a frame with horizontal or semi horizontal dropouts if I was going single speed or geared hub but that is just me. Just cause it looks cleaner.

I'd recommend staying away from the chain tensioner adjusters that use springs cause that kind are a bit crap IMO. They are way to easy to throw a chain IMO. I like ones like the DMR STS that are bolted down. The front ones look even better but I have never tried one.
Sure, track dropouts are the best and cleanest, but finding them isn't the easiest. Just presenting options.

Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, track dropouts are the best and cleanest, but finding them isn't the easiest. Just presenting options.
Track dropouts are for the kind of people who think Fast and Furious has better cars than Mad Max and think patina is ugly.

I have NEVER had ANY problems with old road dropouts on fixed/singlespeed bikes.

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Track dropouts are for the kind of people who think Fast and Furious has better cars than Mad Max and think patina is ugly.

I have NEVER had ANY problems with old road dropouts on fixed/singlespeed bikes.
Generalisations are always accurate. I want horizontal (track) dropouts and I like patina.
Lookit the dropouts. And patina.
33d72fcc55aa0da7aa56a8a874fd80d3.jpg

And an R34 Skyline is better than whatever junk they drove in mad Max. 1973 Ford Falcon?

• Haha
Reactions: konradmk
Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generalisations are always accurate. I want horizontal (track) dropouts and I like patina.
Lookit the dropouts. And patina.
View attachment 120252
And an R34 Skyline is better than whatever junk they drove in mad Max. 1973 Ford Falcon?
I forgot about the cruiser type bikes. Where I live, A LOT of people own expensive track bikes that they probably buy with daddy's money. These people really beat on these expensive bikes that are really only meant for a smooth velodrome. They ride them in all weather and leave them outside for extended periods of time, and even ride these at the skate park doing tricks. Their bikes Do eventually break because they treat the track bikes like the 1991 Murray mountain bike beater that was free, and they go to the shop and whine about how quality control is bad and then go on Amazon and wright a bad reveiw while the bike is stuck at the shop. For some reason, these people HATE rust and scratches, so they just go buy another, newer model of the same bike instead of repairing it. These people also ride brakeless without a helmet while going at high speeds while swerving and almost hitting people.

The bikes are usually made by Leader, Throne, Unknown, Bianchi, Aventon.

These people only care about how their bike looks and not about upkeep. They only want to ride and beat on their bikes and not learn how to fix them.

Dec 27, 2017
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Umm what? Like every Surly and any other mountain bike built for single speed or using geared hubs until recently uses track dropouts. (also cruisers as mentioned)

But my original point was you could use the old school semi horizontal dropouts as well as track dropouts because I have seen more then a few 80s mountain bikes that use that style dropout.

Reactions: Grant
Dec 27, 2017
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I forgot about the cruiser type bikes. Where I live, A LOT of people own expensive track bikes that they probably buy with daddy's money. These people really beat on these expensive bikes that are really only meant for a smooth velodrome. They ride them in all weather and leave them outside for extended periods of time, and even ride these at the skate park doing tricks.
So what? At least they are riding bikes. If they (or their daddies) want to spend money on those bikes and they enjoy it. Let them. It supports the bike industry, it gets people on bikes and having fun. No need to be so judgemental about people's choices in bike.

Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what? At least they are riding bikes. If they (or their daddies) want to spend money on those bikes and they enjoy it. Let them. It supports the bike industry, it gets people on bikes and having fun. No need to be so judgemental about people's choices in bike.
I just feel like if you drop $3000 on a bike, you should know how to take care of it.

Feb 9, 2019
Colorado
theccrider.blogspot.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least they are riding bikes.
it gets people on bikes and having fun
Agreed on both points^

Some of the youngsters I rode fixed gear with in SoCal were fadsters who probably have $3000 bikes thrown in a corner somewhere. Some of them are still riding and a few of them even now own several bikes and ride many disciplines. One went so far as to road race professionally for a few years.

Letting those who misbehave on bicycles and are a hazard to others seem to represent a whole group of cyclists is unwise. They only represent themselves and will probably be culled from the proverbial herd in one form or another.

Aug 13, 2013
Poland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I was thinking and spending more and more time browsing the Internet until I’ve came across BikeCAD software. And here it is, my first ever design of a bike I’d like to ride. Let me know what do you think.
7C3C2B8E-CE8C-46D0-B6C7-1957712F2411.png

Reactions: order99
Aug 13, 2013
Poland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only concern would be pedal height, Looks like a decent BB drop. Cool looking, but you'll never know about the fit until you build it!
PS bikeCAD is dangerous fun!
I did modify the project a bit. BB drop is 90mm, pedal to ground clearance 70mm.I can make it 0mm drop too, that’s not a problem since the BB is off set anyway.