F° 451

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this fat-bottom girl will make the rockin' world go 'round. Following with extreme interest.
As long as no other one bites the dust...
Nothing better than a little bit of Queen (says the former "We Will Rock You" musical stagemanager)

Yeah, your builds do remind me of Steampunk or Burning Man kindof primal primordial artifacts...and I mean that in a GOOD way.
I still can't quite fathom how you can cut a round disc with an angle grinder..I"ve seen Luke do that too...blows my mind.
:happy:
Franco

Very spotty work on the 451... I have a couple other builds in front of it in the lineup.
Our big bike club event is the town parade next Thursday, and I need to have the Asado Mechanico ready to roll and grill (see the progress over on the build forum...:))
Also, my ladies Pie Bike has been sitting idle for most of a year...she wants it for the parade as well.
Maybe more work and less posting is in order...;)

IMG_20170517_112030.jpg
IMG_20170517_112043.jpg
IMG_20170517_111910.jpg
IMG_20170517_112120.jpg
IMG_20170517_102725.jpg

Bike oven is cool, dig the shirt too.

Bike oven is untested...
Might fire it up later :)

Anyone in the North Bay (or anywhere..) who wants to ride with us should!
Our group is on Facebook, name of group is on the T-shirt above...
Last year there was an insane amount of bikes, this year could be five of us...or five hundred ;)

That pie safe is EPIC! I've gotta find one of those and mount it on the tail of a Worksman trike. Wood-fired pizza at the next bike party!

Bet it works great, and less messy, with a camp stove, too.

Last edited:
That pie safe is EPIC! I've gotta find one of those and mount it on the tail of a Worksman trike. Wood-fired pizza at the next bike party!

Bet it works great, and less messy, with a camp stove, too.
Stay tuned for the 451 build...
You've pretty much nailed it though. Not a Workman, going for scratch built, but it will be a trike...and it will be for cookin' !
:)

WOW! Those wheels are killer!
I've got to check out your Asado bike build now. They would love something like that down in Argentina!

I've got to check out your Asado bike build now. They would love something like that down in Argentina!

Francis Mallman all the way! :)

Just realized though that I'm getting too busy and that this project is way to complicated to try and wrap up by August..
Hoping there is another anything goes build this winter cuz that will realistically be the next slot for tackling this machine.

I'm thinking about using my muligan though and seeing if I can't whip out one of my other back burner ideas in the time left...it'll depend on wether or not I can peel off from work and play enough to pull it off..:)

Here's what I got!

Francis Mallman all the way! :)

Just realized though that I'm getting too busy and that this project is way to complicated to try and wrap up by August..
Hoping there is another anything goes build this winter cuz that will realistically be the next slot for tackling this machine.

I'm thinking about using my muligan though and seeing if I can't whip out one of my other back burner ideas in the time left...it'll depend on wether or not I can peel off from work and play enough to pull it off..:)

Here's what I got!

Except loading pics up in the mountains...not working out so far.
Well, going to need a name change...
The Somnambulist ?
Asleep at the Wheel ?
Dream Cycle ?
Enter Sandman ?

If it's orange and white, it could be Dreamcicle. :)

Sorry to say that I have no time to work on my bikes this summer...
Tough time of year to build :)

Hopefully we'll have another anything goes this winter and I can finish one or two of these projects here on RRB!

Have a blast, and may the best Bike Win!

Latest posts

Back