Evolution Flyer

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Do what you have to do...it's just a bicycle. The idea and process will keep until you have the time and the inclination to finish it. The Complicated design deserves to not be rushed. Keep us in the loop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: OddJob and Falstaff

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Sorry to hear it brother, but sometimes bikes have be put aside for real life. Keep us updated as you get time to plug away in your "spare" time.
Hate to see you fade out of the BO. Everyone is watching this sick build.

Reactions: Falstaff
Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
Sorry to hear it brother, but sometimes bikes have be put aside for real life. Keep us updated as you get time to plug away in your "spare" time.
Hate to see you fade out of the BO. Everyone is watching this sick build.
It feels odd for me to not get laid off from work this time of year, I'm a little saddened by it. But also extremely happy.
A 40+ hour paycheck is much better than unemployment, but man am I working my butt off.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
Sorry to hear that you're dropping out. Glad to know that you're only extending the deadline!

...Also good to hear a real world testament that the economy is actually improving without some talking head attaching their political spin to it!

Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
Sorry to hear that you're dropping out. Glad to know that you're only extending the deadline!

...Also good to hear a real world testament that the economy is actually improving without some talking head attaching their political spin to it!
I don't know how much improvement there is, but in my little city it's difficult to find work.

Last year while traveling I told my wife I wasn't going back to the factory, didn't know what I would do either.
But now I run a warehouse for a local retail place, been doing it since we got back last July.... And I actually like it, it's much better than the 475° furnace I use to work in.

As far as the bike goes, I hope to have it done by spring. But I'll also be building a boat this winter.(I hope)

Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
Ok kids, not an update but I wanted to share this video.
Given this has and will be a big aspect of this build.

Matt Andersen... AKA stubby fingers.

Man if only I has this dudes chops, and hair... Oh the glorious hair, I miss you so much... Yes, I'm balding.

Anyway.

Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
I've been bald for over 25 years (real men don't have hair) What's left I shave.

Things that don't apply to me:
Bed head
Hat hair
Greasy hair
Unruly hair
Fly away hair
Combs
Brushes
Shampoo
Conditioner

I go to bed "handsome".....And I wake up the EXACT same way.
I'd shave my head, but unfortunately back when I was young and stupid...
Someone told me I didn't have the melons to tattoo my head... Of course I had to prove I did, bad decision.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
I don't know how much improvement there is, but in my little city it's difficult to find work.

Last year while traveling I told my wife I wasn't going back to the factory, didn't know what I would do either.
But now I run a warehouse for a local retail place, been doing it since we got back last July.... And I actually like it, it's much better than the 475° furnace I use to work in.

As far as the bike goes, I hope to have it done by spring. But I'll also be building a boat this winter.(I hope)
Hmmmmm.....new website idea....RRB....Rat Rod Boats. Here's your logo:
leakyboatlouie.jpg

Glad to hear you are staying busy, and enjoying work (or at least as much as 'work' can be enjoyed).

As has been said, you are breaking new ground on this creative build. A longer term will help you have time for percolating those ideas.

Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
Hmmmmm.....new website idea....RRB....Rat Rod Boats. Here's your logo:
View attachment 56362

Glad to hear you are staying busy, and enjoying work (or at least as much as 'work' can be enjoyed).

As has been said, you are breaking new ground on this creative build. A longer term will help you have time for percolating those ideas.
The boat will definitely be a rat, imagine a tri maran jon boat house boat. Still designing it, but might be cool for camping on small lakes.

As for this bike, yes time is needed. As I said I think on the what's in a name thread, this should be something of a dream of the future kind of bike.
If it turns out close to what I see in my head I'll be happy.

Reactions: OddJob
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Ok, one more. Got these guys in my recommendation list. I thought a few of you would appreciate Canadian bluegrass.
First bluegrass group I have ever seen with two 'non-playing' singers. Personally, some swing fiddle would help fill out this tune a bit. Like the harmonies though.

Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
So I think I'll be able to get back to this build about mid September, it'll take me a few months to finish; but as we all know thunder rolls.

Now as I've done through this build, all that remains...

Reactions: KOTA