Evel Knievel 1970's MX Tribute Bike Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most people are starting their build with either a frame or a complete bike. I'm going to start mine with a sticker set. In 1976 AMF released the Evel Knievel line of bikes. The coolest one was the 20" MX bike. Not every kid was lucky enough to get one. For those kids, AMF released a line of Evel Knievel products that they could use to transform their ordinary bike into an Evel Knievel bike. There was an MX handlebar set, number plate, MX style seat, MX fender set and of course the Evel Knievel sticker set.

I plan on building a bike that a kid might have built back in 1976 using the AMF Evel Knievel add ons that were available at that time. I'm starting with the sticker set. I haven't decided what brand of bike to build yet. It will most likely be a Huffy Thunder Road style bike or a Murray Cat series MX bike. Those were the bikes that most of the kids in my neighborhood had back in the day. I will be using all period correct parts from the 1970's.

409351500.jpg
409351501.jpg

409351502.jpg

Welcome to RRB
Just promise you aren't gonna try to jump Snake River Canyon with it.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya. The payoff will be worth it. Very cool idea.

Started digging through the shed where I keep my project bikes and parts. I pulled this mostly complete Huffy MX bike out. I may start my build with this, not sure yet. I'm gonna go back and pull out some other stuff to see what I have to work with.
409396248.jpg

Latest posts

Back