ELLIS SPEED SHOP "DIRT BIKE" - KLUNKER COMP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No grinding/welding tonight, it is almost rideable though. Leaving the rear hub dry until the replacement parts get here. Front brake was a little spongy so I swapped it out with a gold lee chi mx1000 with a quick release ... feels better now. Thinking about swapping a couple other little things out but hope to be riding by this weekend if all goes smoothly and do some tweaking as needed. Should have some new pics up tomorrow :wink:

dude.... not only a sick ride, but superman like speed build.

I haven't even decided on what to build yet and you're almost riding.... hmmmm

The New Brake - LEE CHI MX1000, had to switch the posts out, doesn't feel as squishy as the last one did, plus the quick/release is nice since the front comes off so easy too.

IMG_8059_zps7daabd19.jpg

Still gotta tack these together

IMG_8070_zpsad840f29.jpg

No air tools at home so I used a hacksaw and a file to knock the rest of the tab off the chain stay. Also added some of my favorite beverage cap bar ends (from Smoopy's) to see how they looked, need my hub parts ... I'm almost riding :?

IMG_8066_zpsc0fbc8b2.jpg

Totally unrelated but my Uncle threw this pic he drew up on Facebook earlier ... :D :D :D

943689_137999433051679_1548445321_n_zpsb9fc9ad9.jpg

A little "dirt bike" inspiration for me :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Great drawing!

What...are you trying to beat Uncle Stretch? :lol:

:lol: Yes, I'm trying to bolt one together faster than he can build one from scratch :lol:

Thanks all for the compliments, wish I had 10% of the talent my Uncle Bryan has when it comes to drawing, he has fascinated me for years !!!

No progress on the bike today, got a new sun gear in the mail but no shifter rod yet. Spent the day eating good food, got a new bike for my wife and chased my boy around the St. Louis magic house, followed by oozy gooey butter cake :eek: Not bad for a rainy day though !!!

CCR said:
No progress on the bike today, got a new sun gear in the mail but no shifter rod yet. Spent the day eating good food, got a new bike for my wife and chased my boy around the St. Louis magic house, followed by oozy gooey butter cake :eek: Not bad for a rainy day though !!!
Sounds like an almost perfect day to me!

Luke.

YOU'RE SOMEBODY NOW!

i have that same frame (also from Chuck) and it will soon become a clunker. love me some clunkers.

watching eagerly

Latest posts

Back