ELITISM IN RAT ROD BIKE COMMUNITY?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How an elitist views himself

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418967153.652633.jpg

How everyone else views him

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418967173.543059.jpg

Last edited:
I get your point, but my natural reaction to that pic is "Hey!!! Nice 3 speed Schwinn Racer!"

Yeah that's a real nice one. It is in the new dumb and dumber movie. It's a great scene in that movie.

I thought it was a Traveler. Looks to be in great condition. I'll have to see the movie now.

I thought it was a Traveler. Looks to be in great condition. I'll have to see the movie now.

I may be wrong, but a Traveler would have a generator lighting set-up and chrome fenders. The Racer is the same frame, but no lights as standard and fenders color-matched to the frame.... At any rate, we can rule out the Speedster, as those have the mag sprocket....

I may be wrong, but a Traveler would have a generator lighting set-up and chrome fenders. The Racer is the same frame, but no lights as standard and fenders color-matched to the frame.... At any rate, we can rule out the Speedster, as those have the mag sprocket....
Nerd and Nerder. :21:

Bikes with lasers....that would put you in an Elite Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not too good with bikes. Not very knowledgable about them either. I'm about as intelligent as an oily rag. But I'm good at being a bicycle elitist, which is extremely confusing for me.

Nagant Stated.
I have a disabled friend who wishes he could assemble a bike but sadly he cannot. In your opinion does he rank below the "anyone can assemble a bike"?

This got me to thinking.
I also know a disabled friend who has No Legs. Only One Thumb on one hand and One Index finger on the other hand. No other fingers at all. He has a tool box with tools for himself. He always says. "let me do it myself" "Don't feel sorry for me".
He purchases, repairs and resells battery operated Wheel Chairs. All by himself. He also drives a van from coast to coast.

On a scale of one thru ten. I rate him a Ten

We all use what skills we have but it is difficult to compare so I would consider classes of "Creative Doers"

Spray bomb person with overspray all over the place.
BB class. But still a rank a Ten because they got off their butt and did something

Bolt on person
Intermediate class But still rank a Ten cause they also did something.

Welder and fabricate,
Advanced Class
No matter who did the actual welding. But was involved in doing work and planning a Ten because they also Got off their Butt and did something.

Unreal Skill Builders on here.
Pro Class
who do custom painting. Custom webs, Flames etc. redesign the entire bike
Still a Ten.

Everyone is a Ten just in different Catagories.
I know someone will pick this apart and call my thoughts Elete. But I think everyone is a winner. It would be difficult to put Spray Bomb BB person against Pro Class with experience painting different metal flake Colors and Welding to get different design changes.

Now......
The people on these sites who type away and are critical of other people work. Positive is always a Ten in my book. But the Negative stuff is not rated.
I believe there is a group on all sites who believe they are Better than. But only have a computer to cut people down.

I enjoy all the information shared here and the pictures of the builds. I am only an intermediate. Working toward Advanced.
I can only say WOW and Holy Smokers to some of the work done by Pro Class on here.

Back to my friend with no legs and a thumb and an index finger. I know he does not think he is better than any other person or worse off. But he wakes up and looks for a project to keep his mind going and the challenge to get it done. He does say a few negative things once in a while about people who overuse alcohol or drugs. His comments are like, Hmmmm What a waste.

Hope my rant was entertaining for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back