ELITISM IN RAT ROD BIKE COMMUNITY?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like bikes and bike people. No matter what type of bike shop or bike person, i'm always able to have a good time chatting with other bike people.

I've got friends with 10,000 road bikes and 10,000 vintage bikes.

I've also got friends with $100 Rat Rod bikes and $100 Walmart cruisers.

No matter the guy, everyone likes to pedal and ride on two wheels.

Very awesome topic. I recently wrote something similar on the cabe and the old timers went ballistic. Alls I know is the Kats on this site have amazing skills. i haven't seen any real elitism all I've seen is a shared passion for a hobby we all hold dear. At the end of the day we have all gotten our hands dirty, we've smashed our fingers we've pulled metal slivers outa our hands. We all have dirty greasy shop rags. Take it from a guy who has more tattoos on his face then most have on their bodies, who cares what others think. Do what you want and take the time to take criticism as a learning tool. I'm good at what I do but there's more on here that are even better. Keep it greasy fellas ;)

I don't want to talk smack on the cabe, b/c i do feel that it's an excellent resource. But, I gotta say, I love RRB b/c the atmosphere is generally relaxed and snobbery is kept to a minimum, so....:113::rockout::113::showingbiceps:
I like the cabe as well. It's just a different culture of people. I've read a few threads on there referring to the rat rod kids and this site. In their bike talk forum there was guy who's title was I don't like rat rod bikes lol. There's nothing like that on here.

I like the cabe as well. It's just a different culture of people. I've read a few threads on there referring to the rat rod kids and this site. In their bike talk forum there was guy who's title was I don't like rat rod bikes lol. There's nothing like that on here.

That was the same attitude that was prevalent on the old corporate Schwinn forum which is what led to the creation of this forum. :D

Isn't it a little bit elitist to list all of you high end prewar bikes in your signature line?:21:

(Please note the laughing face....I am only joking.....)

....hopefully my actions on the site show people that i'm not an "elitist" if they feel that way because of my signature.

I've actually had a lot of good come out of my signature. People have Pm'd me asking for detailed pictures of certain parts of my bikes and offered me parts that I may be missing.

Those are my only bikes, not just my best ones.

I intentionally and redundantly made it VERY clear that I was joking....:)
So, having said that...isn't it a little elitist to point out that you only own high end prewar bikes in your defense of why it isn't elitist to list them in your signature line?:p

I give up.

(Drop microphone...exit stage in defeat)

Maybe DN is just being Proud that he owns some Elite bikes...;)

I'm sure if my bikes could talk, they would be disappointed a poor 19 year old college kid owned them instead of a wealthy high class elitist.

I've never sensed any elitism here in the site, the only time that I have experienced it was on a few cruises. Some folks seem to think that old prewar bikes should only be completely restored to look like they did when they were new.

Lol, I remember I got RRB of the day on Facebook a while back, it was an old Elgin prepare frame, built up as a pig bike, apes and a nanner. Some guy who I ended up seeing at a cruise messaged me on FB asking why I would ever do that to an old bike.

Hahaha.

It's not elitism. My bike really is better than yours.

005b.jpg

(This thread has no pics. :banghead: Boooooring. :grin:)

I'm sure if my bikes could talk, they would be disappointed a poor 19 year old college kid owned them instead of a wealthy high class elitist.

:cry:After I put a dent in the Shelby tank the other day, he said that he liked you MUCH better than he likes me!!:D

Aww, crap happens. It is really funny to see everyones different opinion of elitism. Some things have been brought up that I would never have realized without it being pointed out. If nothing else, I think that some of us will be more careful of our posts because of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back