ElgIndian by B4C

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1927 Elgin Motorbike built as an Indian boardtracker tribute....

ElgIndian

80a9c4d837c85f1eb94f2da484d20995.jpg

6783c0f0428c54f31fbb2ae0035663ee.jpg

142a7b2ea4b05ccc7e4cdc8c48dc121a.jpg

c3f728ffe8326815c955b2a2d2cb6145.jpg

6bf387756832a2e552cedc1701a98585.jpg

Build thread:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/elgindian-1927-elgin-boardtracker.98206/

ElgIndian's parts list:
Frame : 1927 Elgin Motorbike
Wheels : Murray with Bendix red band
Fork : Schwinn with Ford Model A leaf spring & brake components
Headbadge : Handmade/Handpainted
Fenders : What fenders?
Chain guard : Believed to be a Shelby
Crank : spare parts bin
Sprocket : Unknown, parts bin
Lights : Harley Davidson turn signal
Seat : Wright swap meet find
Stem : Schwinn
Pedals : Waffle Block Schwinn, Thanks to JD's Antique Bike Rescue
Bars : Modern Schwinn Comfort bike frame donated
Grips : Unknown, swap meet find
Kick stand : Unknown, came with the frame
Front tire : Sunlite/Kenda K927 Cream 26x2.125
Back tire : Sunlite/Kenda K927 Cream 26x2.125
Tank : Hardwood replica, handmade brass brackets
Seat post : No seatpost, one-off Ford Model A leaf spring
Thanks to Babits Bikes and JD's Antique Bike Rescue for the last-minute assistance

All photos were taken at an old railroad warehouse in the historic Warehouse District of Greenville, NC. It is currently owned by the university. All photos via my iPhone 6...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool build - love the colors and the preserved vintage feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great vision and execution--you have talent! Liked the build from the beginning and watching where you took your creation--awesome!

Great vision and execution--you have talent! Liked the build from the beginning and watching where you took your creation--awesome!

Thanks a bunch, Chief! Of all the builders (and spectators) this year, I was hoping YOU would approve! :rofl:

I'm so glad you didn't faux patina the new paint and striping. The weathered frame with the freshly done tank and number plate look perfect together.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

I'm so glad you didn't faux patina the new paint and striping. The weathered frame with the freshly done tank and number plate look perfect together.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Thanks Carl! I'm glad I didn't attempt to Faux the tank as well. I'm SURE I would have made a real mess of it!

Now I get to ride it! Lucky me!

Thanks to everyone that voted for ElgIndian! By far my best showing in a build-off!

I finished tied for 13th in the overall voting...out of 54 builds! I'm happy with that! Thanks for the votes!

What really blew my mind was that, in the "builders-only" voting I was either fourth or tied for third!! I'll just call it "Top 5"!!! Thanks to all the build-off voters...I'm stoked that you liked my work!!

Well done, it is a cool bike for sure. I forgot about the builders vote, where's that link?

Latest posts

Back