Elgin Stand type ? / Ser# Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_1964.JPG
I bought this recently - think it's and Elgin but want to try and get that confirmed.
I've cleaned the top bar, part of the front fender and that's it......think it's gonna look pretty kool.
Next step is to clean the rest, new tires / tubes - grease job and get it rolling.

Can somebody confirm it's an Elgin and what year.........?
I'd also like to find the correct chain guard and head badge if possible - pics if possible also.

Thanks !!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 29320 I bought this recently - think it's and Elgin but want to try and get that confirmed.
I've cleaned the top bar, part of the front fender and that's it......think it's gonna look pretty kool.
Next step is to clean the rest, new tires / tubes - grease job and get it rolling.

Can somebody confirm it's an Elgin and what year.........?
I'd also like to find the correct chain guard and head badge if possible - pics if possible also.

Thanks !!!!
I'd say you have a '39 Elgin. It's got that cool front fender that fits over the fork crown. Nice find

I have to admit u asking these questions hurts my feelings. U actually doubted my information. Wow

Murray built fender over fork Elgin. No reassurance needed. Especially with examples

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-18-21-57-02.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-18-21-57-02.png
    544 KB · Views: 176
Kentuckykid - certainly not a big deal and thanks for the info. Just wanted to be 100% sure before I started trying to find and buy parts.
The black head badge is what I'm going after instead of the green one that just sold on E-Bay.

Kentuckykid - certainly not a big deal and thanks for the info. Just wanted to be 100% sure before I started trying to find and buy parts.
The black head badge is what I'm going after instead of the green one that just sold on E-Bay.
Green badge lives matter too.

Been trying to figure out what type of stand goes on the Elgin.
I'm thinking a drop-stand but have also seen others with a rear side stand and others with a stand that mounts by the pedals although it must be a special type??
I just checked for the serial number - see below:

SE
Mod-502 192
SER 69133

Looks like I'm searching for a head badge, chain guard and whatever type stand it needs.

Thanks !!!!

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the type on this bike or a drop stand. Any help appreciated
01010_istbl2zKdpE_1200x900.jpg

It has drop stand tabs on the drop outs, but I don't know what this bike looked like from the factory.

Latest posts

Back