Elgin motorbike build finished and at the gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elgin motorbike build

Well dang is this build an elgin month? Its like looking around and seeing yourself everywhere. Yours looks nice. I can see Im going to have to get really creative to make something special here. So much for a simple black and red paint job......Now where did I leave that can of metallic purple and my lime green. :roll: :roll: .... We should have had an Elgin motorbike frame buildoff. Guess they arnt too rare huh?????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wow! Uncle Stretch calling out fellow Elgin builder's! :lol: Look foward to all of your build's. :wink:

Today I figured out my paint scheme and got it put on . Still needs several coats of clear but i will have to let it dry for at least a day....well maybe
May have to rethink my tire selection :roll: :roll: :roll:

elginpaint001.jpg

Re: Elgin motorbike build paint pic added 1-1

Ok while Clancy is over there playing with his seat , I got a move on and got some done today. Still have quiet a bit left ,but I looked at the can and it said it dries in 10 minutes so hey start putting it together. I had some new black aftermarket fenders that didnt have a home so I put them on and I stuck some Kenda flames on the black rims. It gives you some idea where I'm going.

elwithtires005-1.jpg

elwithtires003-1.jpg

That's what I say....Lobdells!!!

Warning....Uncle Stretch ain't impressed with them.

Then it would be just another black bike with chrome wheels. I already have one elgin with chrome wheels sitting in my house . If I put another next to it then it will look funny :roll:

wow your not impressed with them?
out of the thousands of bicycle wheels I have had over the years aint nothing that compare to the style of the triple step
you can mail them to me I will take them off your hands :)

I have a crusty (paintable) set of lobdells I'll trade straight up for those awful looking shiny chrome ones :mrgreen:
bikes084-1.jpg

Aw Hooch you would just sell them . I have a project comming up that they will fit on fine . :wink: just not this one

That looks great. I like all the black with the hints of red and gold. A Regal Elgin.

Finished and moved to the gallery :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back