ELGIN Decoluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the kind remarks! I'm thrilled that everyone likes the Decoluxe and the revisionist history that goes with it.:happy:

This will be my one picture for the voting thread. I'll post it at the beginning to avoid any confusion for whoever is putting it together.
101_1773.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind remarks! I'm thrilled that everyone likes the Decoluxe and the revisionist history that goes with it.:happy:

This will be my one picture for the voting thread. I'll post it at the beginning to avoid any confusion for whoever is putting it together.
View attachment 30770

This is one the factory should of made. They would of sold like hotcakes. Excellent craftmanship and vision. Talent

It's always a fun journey following one of your builds!
Sexy sexy sexy sexy details man!
Congrats!

I felt as if I was back in 1941 you had me hook line and & sinker ( but I new better) every part of this build , story & photos are A+ , top notch .
Elgin built some Beautiful bikes but nothing like this . Elgin wished they had a guy like you back in the day. This would have been the bike that gave the Shelby a run for there money...

Last edited:
As always your attention to detail is incredible. You have an ability to make bikes look weathered and custom parts look original that is rivaled by very few on this site or anywhere else. You should live at Sears because you are most certainly a Craftsman. Congrats on another success.

Thanks again guys!

Here's a little trivia about the Decoluxe... Between the fenders, braces and guards there are a total of 56 fasteners holding everything in place and only two of them are visible. The two that are visible can only be seen when the drop stand is lowered!

as my old drafting teacher used to say; "lookie lookie, here comes cookie!" man this thing is an attention getter. Great job.

index.php

I have a similar thing going on with one saddle but I´m not sure how much it would "affect" the riding :arghh:.
Have you injured yourself yet??

I have a similar thing going on with one saddle but I´m not sure how much it would "affect" the riding :arghh:.
Have you injured yourself yet??
No problems so far!:21: It looks intimidating if you start thinking about it in those terms, but there's really no noticeable difference from any other saddle. Also the edges of the metal piece are pressed below the padding and the leather so that hasn't been a concern either. This is the first long spring saddle that I've ever used and actually it's a nice cushy ride!

Latest posts

Back