• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Elgin curved bar frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Cool curved bar frame, I was gonna Klunk it, but plans changed. Would love to see it klunked. Also have the original fork/truss rods in another ad if interested. Serial # is illegible. Asking 140$ obo shipped from Louisiana, 70525.

It was only manufactured for a year or two...but, we are talking Murray, not some boutique brand. I was quite stoked to get mine...and when I saw kirkpatrick's ad, I told myself...if its still there tomorrow, I'll snag it. Thankfully, it wasn't...but, then again, I'm kind of bummed I didn't :crazy:. Super cool frames.

ebay is rarely a good indicator of value...especially asking price. If you search with the 'Sold' filter clicked, you get a slightly better indication of value. TheCABE isn't super real world either...but, closer.

It was only manufactured for a year or two...but, we are talking Murray, not some boutique brand. I was quite stoked to get mine...and when I saw kirkpatrick's ad, I told myself...if its still there tomorrow, I'll snag it. Thankfully, it wasn't...but, then again, I'm kind of bummed I didn't :crazy:. Super cool frames.

ebay is rarely a good indicator of value...especially asking price. If you search with the 'Sold' filter clicked, you get a slightly better indication of value. TheCABE isn't super real world either...but, closer.
I love this bike. It rides incredibly well. Didn't even have to grease the bearings. Art deco stem. Torrington bars. Aluminum chainguard. Tires were dated coded 1956. Has a 1978 license sticker on the rear fender. Did my obligatory cream Fat Franks and '64 Sting Ray bars. Might do a boiled linseed finish to shine it up. Looks like this for now:
DSCN1085.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back