Elgin BMX Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my second build off and I'm excited to be back in.
I definitely need to come up with a better name but maybe that will come together as I get this build going.
I'm going with a 1920's Elgin and the idea is to build it into a BMX Cruiser.

I think I'm going to paint the frame white and use all blue parts.
I have a set of blue 26" Araya's, a blue Maxy Cross, and a chrome 26" fork to start.
I'll post some pics of the parts soon.
Good luck to everyone.
This should be a lot of fun

hey! that's my frame also!
cant wait to see what ya do w/ it.

Ill break my "Weird" character for a minute and say that I have one of these bikes and they are probably the most stout bike out there. Cant wait to see where this goes!

Cool, a Moto Moto
Good luck

Well I've had a little time to start mocking up the bike.
I'm going to be using a different stem and maybe different bars but just wanted to get a feel for how it might look.
Not sure who makes the fork but I want that old cruiser look.
I have a Dia-Compe Nippon that I might use but not sure if thats what I want.
So here is my Maxy Cross crank and Araya wheels with sunshine hubs. I'm going to shiny side the wheels and clean them up a little.
I had a hard time finding 26" BMX style tires and I wanted white ones...I ended up going with these Halo Twin Rails, I think they're pretty cool tires.

Still have a long way to go and more parts to get but I'm on my way.

wow those cranks and wheels are going to compliment each other perfectly!! sweet choice!

Thanks for the support, I've really been wanting to get at it but I've been super busy and haven't been able to get anything done.

I've been slowly collecting the rest of the parts I need.

I got some KKT pedals, blue DK stem and a Akisu chrome fork to replace the one I have, the chrome is pretty shot.

I still need to get a blue seat and seat post and possible a blue headset and some grips.

I also have to find some time to strip the old paint off and put some new paint on.

I also got an original headbadge that I'm going to paint to match the bike.

I think I'm going make some stickers for the frame to match the font on the headbadge.

I'll take some more pictures of the new parts soon.

Latest posts

Back