electra on minneapols craigs list

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
decentdeal"not mine" been on for over a week on minniapolis craiggs list under electra bicycles for sale,3 speed,$250 prolly motivated 2 sell as they dont sell well around here,didnt they go out of business?
97078952_10157859385582479_5337224707617849344_o.jpg

If you can get it on a low ball, that's a well made cruiser.
Does anyone know if the New Belgium connection adds to value? Are they more collected?

That's not a 3 speed. Anytime you can get a Felt for around $200 snag it. If you are willing to part it out, you can make good money.
The front star hubs can sell for as much as $150-200 by themselves.
I also just saw a wheelset raffle for $340 shipped.

Does anyone know if the New Belgium connection adds to value? Are they more collected?

Yes. People go nuts for the NB cruisers

I'd jump on one of these in a heartbeat if I wasn't such a cheapo :grin:

231.jpg

If you can get it on a low ball, that's a well made cruiser.
Matti, these were bikes that New Belgium gave out to the winners at their Urban Assault Ride events. I participated in one in Mpls around 10 yrs ago or so. We hosted one for 3-4 yrs here in the city, and I think every one of those bikes that were given out hit CL eventually. So, to a collector of NB niche stuff, maybe collectible. To a bike collector, maybe not so much.

I'd love to snag one of those cheap and build my own Military Police cruiser. I'd have no qualms rattle canning that gaudy red and gold promotional bike.

Uhg. Have you seen the swoopy NB bike in person? The paint is amazing, as well as the overall design. It has a translucent metallic look. It would be a big mistake to spray paint the bike. Not to mention the value will be lost. I would recommend you get a non-New Belgium bike. One other thing, the original MP bikes that didn’t use the swoopy frames are the original and look the best. At a certain point, Felt switched to swoopy frames for some odd reason, and the MP‘s looked like a modern frame, and not vintage classic. I do have a brand new Surf City Felt. The frame is the same frame they used on the original MP’s. This would be a much better option. Lastly, I’d suggest having a paint shop do the painting. Bikes generally are cheap to paint, and you’ll get a much better looking, and more durable coat of paint. Just my thoughts though.

Latest posts

Back