Electra Bikes Parts Clearance Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peatbog said:
Thanks Tater. You just made something affordable for me that I would not have known about otherwise.

The 40% off looks to me like because they are figuring the 20% discount on the list price. So if you are buying something that is already 50% off, then when you take 20% off the original list price, it is a lot more off. Mine came out that way also. The original list was $150. But the sale price was $75. They took 20% of the $150 which was $30 and subtracted that from the $75, giving me a final price of $45. With shipping the total was $58. Pretty good for a crankset I always wanted but couldn't get at the $150 normal price or even really justify at the $75 sale price. But at $58 shipped, I nabbed it before Electra says, "What the...!? This 20% off ain't getting figured correctly!"

Hey Peat, It looks you are right about them realizing the discount is not quite what they had in mind. They kicked the sale prices up somewhat to compensate for what that %20 off was doing to the final price. Sorry guys, no more $50 Ticino cranksets for you. 8)

Tater, you are right.
Actually kinda weird how they did it too. The red line sale prices (which mostly had/have an expiration of 3/31/2013) have all be changed from 50% off to 30% off. :?
I wonder if after the current coupon expires if we'll see the red line discounts jump back to 50% from Feb 15 to Mar 31?

Guess I should have bought some of those $100 Ticino frames when I could.

I went ahead and removed the temptation of the green wheels for y'all. I bought the rest. :)

The discount code was handy- it essentially covered tax and shipping.

clerkkent said:
I went ahead and removed the temptation of the green wheels for y'all. I bought the rest. :)

The discount code was handy- it essentially covered tax and shipping.

Yeah I picked one of those when they were still $20 and with the discount code. Now I have to figure out if I want to strip it and polish it or find a matching front wheel.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Peat, post some pics of that crank in the flesh if you don't mind. I wanted one for a little freak bike that was building, but couldn't justify their full price. I ended up getting a nice SR Apex crankset off of eBay for low dough.

:shock: This what showed up at my door today.:shock: ................. How long before I catch grief for having this in the dining room? :lol:

DSC01348_zps16c24d3c.jpg

And I thought I was bad!
Are those all pink?
:shock: :shock:

It's kinda like Garanimals!

Received some seats (mostly for resale) that I ordered from the second wave coupon. If they hadn't changed the red line prices I may have ordered some more. Guess we'll have to wait for wave 3 now.

Couldn't resist trying a sour apple green saddle for $10. How about this with the green rims?
IMG_1591.jpg

I wonder if the red line prices go back to 50% tomorrow when the coupon code expires?

otroo said:
I seen they put some more green wheels up and also red and black wheels.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like they have one green 1 speed, i red 1 speed, and one cream front wheel.
Also, all of the discounts are still back at the 30% off mark rather that 50% that they had before.

Latest posts

Back